Pirelli Diablo Rosso Iv Corsa Punctures

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by BBVinny, May 2, 2023.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. BBVinny

BBVinny New Member

Feb 24, 2022
    Lincoln
    Hi all,
    Just about to fit the third PDRIVC to the rear of my Speedy1200RS. The first did 60 miles before getting a puncture and the second has done less than 500 before a puncture.

Am I really unlucky or are these tyres a bit more prone to punctures than normal?

imho these are awesome tyres when they have air in them :)

BBV

2. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    You're obviously an unlucky guy! :eek:
    Normally there should not be such a problem!
    I did more then 105.000 km on my bikes the last five years and only had one puncture last year in Bosnia and Herzegowina.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BBVinny

BBVinny New Member

Feb 24, 2022
    Lincoln
    I had a feeling it was me...LOL

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. MoreT

MoreT Senior Member

Jun 12, 2022
    Hampshire
    It may be the roads you're on or are you spending too much time parked at the roadside admiring the view? Lots of puncture opportunities there in my experience.
    What caused the puncture? Nail, screw or sharp stones?

Or do you have a jealous (ex)partner with an unhealthy attraction to sharp pointy things?

Having picked up a few in my time I try and stay out of the gravel on the roads and I sweep my yard and drive with something akin to OCD.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MightyBoosh

MightyBoosh Member

Mar 29, 2023
    Uk
    Why aren't you repairing them? :)

6. BBVinny

BBVinny New Member

Feb 24, 2022
    Lincoln
    I'm not really a scenery type of person so don't ride on the dodgy car parks\gravel strips. One puncture was just a hole so i don't know what caused that and the second was a wood screw which was still in the tyre. Good point about the Missus, I'll check the CCTV LOL

7. BBVinny

BBVinny New Member

Feb 24, 2022
    Lincoln
    The first one my fitter told me that this tyre shouldn't be repaired (he wasn't supplying the new one) so I believed him. The second time I repaired it to get me home but have ordered a new one because it has become a real niggle at the back of my mind while pushing on a bit then you think about it and it's a bit off putting.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    I did the same. In my opinion is a repaired bike tyre not comparable with a tyre of a car. It's your life that you risk with such a renewed tyre!;)

• Agree Agree x 2