Pipes From The Usa?

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Patchinko, Feb 1, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Patchinko

Patchinko Senior Member

Feb 1, 2018
    S.W. Hants
    I want to change my NH peashooter silencers. for a shorter pipe. I would really like Gasser Customs or Dominator sports but neither company have an outlet in the uk. Both say they will post direct but there is the problem of import duty.
    Has any one here bought direct from the states, and were there any problems with import duties or customs?

P.S, I know that I can get B.C. Predators from Squaredeals but those Gasser Customs sound and look amazing

2. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Be careful with import tax and duty and make sure you know what it will be before you commit.
    The tax may be as much as the cost of the pipes in the first place!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BritMickUSA

BritMickUSA Banned

Jan 12, 2018
    USA
    It works both ways mate, l wanted a Nitron rear shocker for my Tiger & they told me to contact their US distributor who want $200 more than the UK price for the same bloody shocker......shocking!!!.....Sorry, l'll get me coat!!!.........:confused:

• Like Like x 2
  4. DesertRat

DesertRat Member

Oct 10, 2017
    Yuscon, AZ USA
    Sometimes not having a US distributer can be a benefit. When I had my Tiger I ordered a Fuel exhaust out of the UK and it arrived in less than a week with no duty and even with shipping was cheaper than any comparable exhaust from the US. I also have purchased several things from www.squaredeals-ltd.co.uk with success. Because of the flat rate shipping based on price, it works for higher value items but not so much with lower value items.

• Love You Love You x 1
  5. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Most couriers like FedEx will sting you for tax before releasing goods..... B@@@@stards!

6. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Import duty for Motorcycle accessories from the US should be between 3 to 4.5% then VAT at 21% (they should send US tax free) so not too bad. Probably a small handling charge too at the Royal Mail

7. Patchinko

Patchinko Senior Member

Feb 1, 2018
    S.W. Hants
    That's what I found out eventually. It still works out a fair bit cheaper than getting the preds from Squaredeals.

Gassers are on their way!

Check this out........

8. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    That sounds about right JohnT the Royl mail fee is £12:confused:

9. BritMickUSA

BritMickUSA Banned

Jan 12, 2018
    USA
    Sorry to keep moving off your peashooter subject, but it is relevant concerning country import duties & taxes.
    I'm still looking for a rear shocker for my Tiger, & as Nitron UK aren't being helpful at all, l'm going to buy a Hyperpro, which even though it's made in Holland, has an honest distributor in the USA who builds them here to your specific weight & expected payload & riding style!
    So at only *$569 for a custom made shocker with a 5yr guarantee l think l've found my next project.
    www.epmperf.com

*400 quid

• Like Like x 1