Featured Pin lock ear plugs ......magic

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Yorkie199, Apr 21, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Yorkie199

Yorkie199 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2016
    North Lincolnshire
    Now I know that they're not he most glamorous item/gadget but I've been using a set of these lately after trying foam plugs etc and I have to say that the Pinlock ones are excellent. I wear a Schubert helmet and also use a communicator and with these plugs I can hear the satnav instructions and music as though I'm not wearing earplugs but the wind noise is hugely reduced, when I used the foam earplugs I could barely hear anything that was coming through the communicator in fact there is such a huge difference that I've had to turn the volume down a long way with the pinlock earplugs. So if anybody is using earplugs I can certainly recommend the pinlock ones .

• Like Like x 6
  2. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    #1 MickEng, Apr 21, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    Send us a link Yorkie.
    Must admit I have never worn any kind of ear plugs on the bikes I've had but since joining the forum I am getting tempted, particularly as my daily commute involves 30+ miles of motorway.
    I've got a Bell Daytona carbon fibre helmet which write-ups say are a bit noisy.
    Helmet sleeps in the next room to me, I've never heard a whisper from it! lol

• Like Like x 2
  3. Yorkie199

Jul 10, 2016
    North Lincolnshire
    Sorry for the delay Mick but littleade has posted the link below ....sorry about that.

4. Yorkie199

Jul 10, 2016
    North Lincolnshire
    The difference is massive really ....

5. Yorkie199

Jul 10, 2016
    North Lincolnshire
    There are 2 different sizes of plugs in the box and to be honest I normally really struggle with earplugs they hurt but these ones are pretty comfy I had them in today for over 3 hours and they were still pretty comfy and they only have a little pull tag that sticks out but when they're in the ear it doesn't protrude from the ear into the helmet.....best ones I've used

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yorkie199

Jul 10, 2016
    North Lincolnshire
    Lol bloody hell no pressure then ;)

7. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Reading this made my ears prick up........

Ordered a set me self !

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yorkie199

Jul 10, 2016
    North Lincolnshire
    Great stuff .......hah the pressure's off now :) But I agree they are the best that I've tried .

9. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    WHAT !!!! :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Ordered some last night, they'd better be good or someone owe's me 20 quid!!! :mad:

;):D

• Like Like x 2
  11. Yorkie199

Jul 10, 2016
    North Lincolnshire
    GULP !!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    I tried the earlier generation of these for a few weeks but didn't get along with them, little noise reduction and difficult to grip the stem to remove them.
    These seem to be a bit more advanced and seem to have come a long way recently.

I am a fan of the Laser Light foam daily ones and will need to use the box of 200 (£25) up before looking at alternatives

I must admit I prefer the daily disposables as there is no contamination of you don't clean them.

• Like Like x 1
  13. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    Mine arrived yesterday.
    Same as everyone else,seem comfy but haven't tried them yet.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yorkie199

Jul 10, 2016
    North Lincolnshire
    I have a bag of foam ones but the problem I have is that they deaden all noise so I couldn't really hear satnav etc and I just can't get comfortable with them

15. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    #11 MickEng, Apr 29, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    The disposable small ear plugs are available in different noise reduction levels. (Colour coded)
    You could try some that are not as noise restrictive, but I must admit I am not a big lover of stuff pushed in my ears either.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yorkie199

Jul 10, 2016
    North Lincolnshire
    I just found these pinlock ones to be on another level for me comfort wise and how they reduce the wind noise but not the satnav and the scala communicator .....win win

• Like Like x 1
  17. PaulSpeedTrip

PaulSpeedTrip Member

Aug 7, 2016
    South Yorkshire
    I've used the Pinlock's for around 6 months now, still greta condition. Good thing is you get two pairs (Small & Large) so the Mrs has the small set. Both of us sorted for £15!

• Like Like x 1
  18. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    I use the no noise plugs bit pricey at over £20 but come in handy wee metal tube on a keyring so you never forget to take them,you still hear other noise just cuts out the harmful tones couldn't take the noisy cans without wearing plugs on any distance.

• Like Like x 1
  19. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

upload_2017-5-9_18-43-22.jpeg

VOODOO !!!

Been out a couple of times now, and used my Pinlock ear plugs. Has got to be some kind of black magic how they work ! I can hear my exhaust better, I can hear so much more detail from my BT headset music, I have actually had to turn it down from max volume:confused: but the best bit is the fact that the wind noise is reduced, by a significant amout. Just been out for an hour on the bike, felt so much easier and more relaxed, came home and feel less 'battered'.

So @Yorkie199 , your safe, I heartily agree with your OP, these are a great piece of kit, a tad expensive and hope I don't lose one, cos they are small and black and image easily lost, but will be bloody careful, a lot more than a few pence worth of foam as previously used and lost a few.

Thanks for the recommendation.:D

• Like Like x 3
  20. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

How ? only get one set of red filter middly bits, don't you need them ???

• Like Like x 2
  21. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    I eventually got round to trying them(kept forgetting to put them in) but they seem to work well.Wind noise is very much reduced,I think they'll work well on a long motorway trip.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Yorkie199

Jul 10, 2016
    North Lincolnshire
    I agree it's got to be some sort of wizardry and I was the same having to turn the volume down on my music and satnav, I've just been up the Lake District for a couple of days and they worked a treat

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. The ST

The ST Active Member

Dec 10, 2018
    West Midlands UK
    Just bought some cheap foam plugs but after reading the above I may consider buying some pin-locks. Just waiting for a 'second hand' pair to pop up on eBay !

• Funny Funny x 3
  24. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    I've got these. They're brilliant.

[​IMG]

25. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber