Pictures Of Your Lid.

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by R_1000, Feb 1, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #161 Sandi T, Oct 28, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    Bought the bike to match the helmet. ;) Well, not really of course. But these paint colors are so close that I've had numerous folks ask if I had the helmet custom painted. The helmet is a Shoei RF-SR in "Tangerine Orange", a stock color! My bike is a Street Glide Special in "Scorched Orange". They wouldn't seem to be such as exact match based solely on the names.

I've had Shoei helmets before but not the RF-SR model. I really, really like it. A big plus is that the shields from my RF-1200 work on the RF-SR which is great since I already have a Dark Smoke shield and a Transition shield which I can pop on my new orange helmet. I've put the Transitions shield on it (after this pic was taken) and will most likely leave it on there.

IMG_9892.jpeg

IMG_9894.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  2. NBB

NBB Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2020
    North Yorkshire
    Yes, I’ve used it a few times now with my mates. Had the 10u in my Arai a few years back and it was great when you could connect to others but was a nightmare to achieve.
    The app now makes that really easy with the QR code and I’ve had no problems connecting with anyone and the quality on connection has been good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. pistonbroke

pistonbroke Senior Member

Aug 10, 2020
    Lancashire
    is she missing your helmet......? :cool::joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. MTBskier

MTBskier Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Las Vegas, NV
    Sandi how do you like the transitions shield? I just bought a new RF-1200 and the transitions shield, but haven’t had a chance to try it out yet. Wife is making me wait till Christmas (cursing under my breath, lol).

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    I had a transitions shield (visor) on my Shoei, it worked very well, the only slight issue I had when on tour in Northern Spain was the amount of unlit tunnels there were, when you go from bright sunshine into a tunnel I found I had to flip the visor open as it can't change quick enough. But back home I found it less of an issue, I guess what I am saying no good if you're in and out of tunnels then! :dizzy::eek::p

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. MTBskier

Mar 12, 2019
    Las Vegas, NV
    Thanks for the info! Tunnels aren’t an issue here in Las Vegas, but we definitely have more than our fair share of sunshine!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    @MTBskier, I like my transitions shield a lot! It gets nearly as dark as my Dark Smoke Shoei shield and nearly as clear as the stock clear one. I do notice a bit of glare when the sun hits it just right but that's pretty minor. I'd say that my Bell Transitions shield has a bit more transition "range" but they are pretty comparable although the Shoei is more expensive. But for me having a Transition shield is particularly great for trips where I might encounter anything including bright sun, overcast, rain, and nighttime riding. I don't have to bring an additional shield and worry about packing or breaking it and I don't really need to wear sunglasses under shield either. I used it for a 3K mile trip from Tucson to Sturgis and back in August 2019 and it really did the trick for me. I'll be curious to see what you think of it...after your wife lets you wear it. ;):joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I've used mine IN Las Vegas, MTB! 2019 Las Vegas Bike Fest. :):cool::sun: Sadly, no Vegas Bike Fest this year thanks to the damn virus. :sob::sob::sob:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Minor detailing

A2EAB006-CAB7-4C82-8472-6F6DA73F3A21.jpeg

807FE281-3B6F-452A-83AA-B90564C555DA.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  10. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    My other favourite... Arai Freeway Classic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  11. MTBskier

Mar 12, 2019
    Las Vegas, NV
    Thanks for the info! That’s my same reason for getting the transitions shield, when I ride to work one way is always in the dark, and I don’t want to carry two shields.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #172 Sandi T, Oct 30, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    Very nice, @Dartplayer! Here's the "minor detailing" I did on my helmet. I think this sticker was thrown in with a Roland Sands order some time back and I ran across it just the other day and decided to put it on my new orange Shoei. Yours is cooler than mine but I do like this one, too. :cool:

IMG_0660.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  13. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Cool sticker @Sandi T. Love it too.
    I did manage to put the subtle gold pinstripe too, as I read a solid colours can be hard to see by some people.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Ah, I should have realized the pinstripe wasn't stock, Dartplayer. It looks great! :grinning:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Ricardodaforce

Ricardodaforce Active Member

Oct 30, 2020
    Cardiff
    That’s one of them!
    I like choices, so I have 5.

DE0D37CC-7A6A-4442-AF87-ED02571E5C57.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  16. Ricardodaforce

Oct 30, 2020
    Cardiff
    Here’s another of them!

DEFDDD5A-FCA9-4F76-90F1-EB38FA66A7E5.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  17. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Ricardodaforce

Oct 30, 2020
    Cardiff
    Thanks! I do like Bell helmets.

19. Ricardodaforce

Oct 30, 2020
    Cardiff
    Thanks! I do like Bell helmets.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Me too. I have a couple of Bell Bullitts, a carbon Custom 500, and two Qualifiers--all different colors to match different bikes. :) My other favorite helmets are Shoei's and those wind up being my go-to's for longer rides and trips. Nice to meet another on here with a bit of a helmet fetish. ;):joy: