Picked up new thruxton

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Pottsy, Jun 5, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Pottsy

Pottsy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Plymouth, UK
    Hi wCrispey and Dougie and all, sorry I have been out the loop for a while, been a mad few weeks. Picked up the new bike, if you remember I was getting thruxton R . And " SHE FITS "
    That is the wife on the back, to a huge sye of relief. Dual seat works, might be a problem if you have size 12 feet but me mr average 9 works. I think Triumph need to look up the meaning of " comfort " in the title of dual comfort seat, but will be addressing that issue to re model the seat locally, with gel etc. Covered the grand total of 15 miles to get bike home and then into hospital Thursday morning for hernia opp, can,t now ride for around three weeks.
    Just as a separate thought of dealership power traded Jess in, had her up for sale for six weeks without even a phone call. Went into delership yesterday to pick up exhaust and single seat etc. Thought I would see how much they were selling her for!!!!!, gone already sold. Not bad 3 day turn around.

• Like Like x 1
  2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Congrats on your new purchase Pottsy - you lucky dog!!!!

You know we need pics !!!!!!!!!!!

3. Pottsy

Pottsy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Plymouth, UK
    Yes pics will come, bike in man cave and unable to move it cos of opp, cant stand back far enough to get all of bike in. Will get the ones when i collected posted.

4. Pottsy

Pottsy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Plymouth, UK
    Pic below

Thruxton .jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    #5 thebiglad, Jun 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
    I hope you didn't think I was forcing you to do something that might 'damage' you mate, that wasn't intended at all. Just a bit of fun when anyone gets a new bike. :oops::oops:;)

6. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    I'm assuming that's your other half? Both bikes and humans make bonny couples.

7. Pottsy

Pottsy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Plymouth, UK
    No worries

8. Pottsy

Pottsy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Plymouth, UK
    Yep biglad thats the other half married for 29 years and she is the best, cant be bad when she goes from a K&Q seat to the thruxton seat and she still wants to hit the road. Simple the best girl ever.

9. Pottsy

Pottsy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Plymouth, UK
    Actually the single seat is swaped over so quickly if iam on my todd i will just do that.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Klunk

Klunk Member

Jun 21, 2016
    Crewe
    Hi Pottsy is the double seat the one they sell for the Theuxton R or one off another model that also fits ?? Thx matey Andy

11. Pottsy

Pottsy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Plymouth, UK
    Hi Klunk
    Yes you will find the seat on the thruxton configorater. It is described as a dual comfort seat. Comfort its not, already spoken to triumph on that point. My other half said it felt like she was continally feeling like she was falling off the back. It is with auto trim being re modelled at the moment, will post some pictures once I have it back. Not sure if any of the street twin seats fit, might be worth asking dealership if you can swap some around. Let us know if you have any joy on that.
    What I can tell you is you can not get a grab rail, although when I did the deal on mine it was shown on the extras and I brought one, then it was removed and I found out yesterday that they are not doing one, so I will be taking that up with triumph as soon as I can.
    They should not show it available if its not, I went for the thruxton as I thought I could make it suit my needs, they even have threaded bolt holes under the seat which can only be to take a grab rail.will update when I have further info.

12. Klunk

Klunk Member

Jun 21, 2016
    Crewe
    Hi Pottsy, Thx for that, I am going to call in at the dealer and see if a seat off a different model fits, I was thinking the brown leather one off the street twin, which may be more comfortable for pillion and maybe cut in such a way that the pillion is sliding forward not back which is the feeling i expect your wife is having. The dual comfort looks great but I am only buying it for pillion as I am happy with the std seat when I am riding alone although I am thinking if I need to carry a bag then I could lash that to the rear half of a dual seat if I wanted.

I am wondering if Ventura will create a bracket (system) to fit because one of their option is to just have a grab rail or you can have the bag holder. I have used it previously and practically it worked really well and when not in use the system was fairly hidden, they tend to manufacture a bracket which cleverly attaches to the bike. I have seen one or two bikes that are the exceptions to the rule in that they are not hidden so would need to see it on but defo worth a look. I have written to Ventura to ask if they are going to provide a fitment for the new bike.
    Klunk

13. Pottsy

Pottsy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Plymouth, UK
    Ok it will be interesting to see what they say.

14. Klunk

Klunk Member

Jun 21, 2016
    Crewe
    Hi Pottsy Ventura wrote to me and provided a pic not a great pic but anyway a pic of sorts. They have manufactured a system to fit the new bike which would provide a grab rail and/or bike rack and/or bag holder. It doesn't look as subtle as I would prefer but will likely work really well so maybe if interest. I already have all the other bits so would only need the new bracket. Cheers Andy

image.png

• Like Like x 1
  15. Klunk

Klunk Member

Jun 21, 2016
    Crewe
    Hi sorry mate just realised they provided me a price list.

T044/B - £105.00 including vat RRP

Pack rack -£59.00

Sports Rack - £46.00

Top Box rack - £46.00

Grab Handle -£16.00

I think the top one at £105 is the bracket which will probably be quickly removed when not in use.

Andy

• Like Like x 1