Featured Picked Up New Project This Weekend

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by WOODYDEL, Aug 5, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. WOODYDEL

WOODYDEL Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2018
    1996 Daytona 900 with a pile of parts. Seller gave up on high quote from a dealer to clean his carbs and tank. You've got to do your own work, I say.

Anyway, the list of extra parts is crazy. He intended to keep forever and just kept buying spares of everything.

Few pics on day he delivered. When I unwrap all the goodies I'll take pics.

DAYTONA FROM FRONT.jpg DAYTONA FROM LEFT.jpg DAYTONA FROM RIGHT.jpg

• Like Like x 23
  2. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Oh. My. Creamed. Jeans .................................

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Wow. Bargain bike

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
  5. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    That looks an absolute stunner
    If its not too rude, may I ask how much?

6. WOODYDEL

Sep 19, 2018
    #6 WOODYDEL, Aug 6, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    I don't mind telling. I paid $1200 USD. Delivered to my home 80 miles away.

Black is a hard color to take pictures of, it looks far better in person.

About the parts, if he saw a scratch he bought a panel. He bought them all in multiples! I've got NEW cylinders and pistons assemblies for all three cylinders and a new head. I was working on my Trophy today so no pics of the parts as promised. Maybe tomorrow, after a long ride on the Trophy.

I have BST36 kits on the way from motolab. I'll make quick work of the carbs,tap and tank.

• Like Like x 3
  7. WOODYDEL

Sep 19, 2018
  8. Tim Schultz

Tim Schultz Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Fine Looking machine bud....
    You should check out my two threads in the Sprint & Trophy Forum area.

"End of the Road For My Sprint Love Affair"
    and
    "New Beginning For My 96 Sprint Without Me"

IMG_4975.JPG My 96 put back to stock - all brand new bodywork; fairing, windscreen, complete tail bodywork and brand new seat. IMG_4612.JPG
    Customized fairing, windscreen and tail section with seat is going to hang from the ceiling of my closest friend's race shop. 48,000miles and has been built proof, runs like it did when I bought it in 96 right out of the crate in Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Enjoy your Daytona, test rode a 1200 at the Sturgis Rally in 97, bad fast bike!!!!!
    Last summer I picked up a 06 BMW K1200S and that is what I am going to ride until I can't ride anymore. I have Stage 4 terminal lung cancer and my time has gotten pretty limited.

Live to Ride - Ride to Live...........Brother

• Like Like x 5
  9. WOODYDEL

Sep 19, 2018
    Being that I'm retired I get to ride often.When I'm in Florida 4 months of the year I ride every day, usually for 150-160 miles. Goes by very quickly down there with 30 to 40 miles stretches no homes and just a few cars. Downside is that's only one bike and the others sit up north.

I do all of my own work so there is no labor cost. Most every bike I've owned have been used/abused by others and as said they get cheaper the crappier they run. My first ride on the street was my 75 Honda CB360T which I just sold 2 months ago. Bought that one new. Sold because of no interest by my son and grandson to ride it. My second new ride is my 2016 America. What a great little cruiser and with every Triumph accessory I could find. Everyone thinks it's a looker and best yet it's not a Harley. Funny, in all the years I've ridden no desire for a Harley and I'm surrounded by them with family and friends. So the new bike is great but it never breaks so I wouldn't have anything to fix. Not good.

The 96 Trophy is so surprisingly fast and agile I was tempted to acquire a '13 or '14 version. But then I'd have two Trophy's to exercise and those trips have to be long ones each.

As I age, family and friends are concerned by my motorcycling obsession and definitely don't like my high speed runs. I tell them I have to go fast since I don't have a way to stop the life clock so see ya later.

I was, I think, lucky to find this bike on craigslist and I believe the seller was heart broken to let it go. Maybe needed the money but I'll never know. Gave him a parting invitation to stop by if he travels out on the island someday so he can take a look.

Well today's a Trophy riding day so I'll be off in a couple hours.

Excuse the ramblings, I'm old, they say.

• Like Like x 4
  10. WOODYDEL

Sep 19, 2018
    Tim, I took your suggestion,finally this morning, and read through your inspirational threads. You have truly reinforced my attitude about how to approach my later years. I do believe your situation, though it may seem dire, has and will continue to lead you into an enlightened and peaceful end.

My hat's off to you.

Woody

• Like Like x 4
  11. WOODYDEL

Sep 19, 2018
    Previous owner aborted repairs and dealer partially threw things together.

Three coils. If anyone can, give me colors of coils 1 2 and 3. I have my shop manual but you know how it is. Book shows all lined up in a row. Does not say which coil is number one.

Anyway forget the common terminals. Even just the color of number 1 will clear this up.

12. Tim Schultz

Tim Schultz Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Do not know if this will help you but here are the pertinent pages (Coils) from my Service Manual that I bought when I got My 1996 Sprint.
    They may or my not help, thought I would send anyway
    See pics below:
    IMG_5040.JPG IMG_5031.JPG IMG_5032.JPG IMG_5033.JPG IMG_5034.JPG IMG_5035.JPG IMG_5036.JPG IMG_5037.JPG hop IMG_5038.JPG IMG_5039.JPG Hope you can get something out of these pages.
    If not, well I tried buddy.....Good Luck.
    Tim Schultz SFSD USA

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1