Speedmaster Phone Mount

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by dilligaf, Feb 13, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

That’s the easy bit mate :)
    Gonna have a light and cooler box running from a leisure battery and kept charged with a solar panel :cool:
    My trailer isn’t large enough to do this so I’m on the lookout for a bigger one :p

2. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    #42 capt, Feb 16, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    IMG_20190216_205332.jpg
    I use an old 18ampere moto batt as my camper power supply. Use an Anders 50 amp plug on bike/trailer to charge it up whilst traveling to camp site. LED's use so little current/power battery should last for weeks. The 12 volt cooler/fridge might not run for Too long but ? I use a large industrial grade Esky for food storage. Freeze every thing before you pack it in the Esky,bit will stay cold for up to 10 days in 40°c plus days !!
    Just added picture of my 70 litre Esky, they come in many sizes ! I'm looking at 100 litre option/upgrade for planned trip in April. Northam WA to Darwin NT , about 5,000 klms round trip. Planning on 4 to 6 weeks away !

• Like Like x 2
  3. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

FOOD??:(
    It’s for BEER :yum
    I won’t be freezing anything :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

The tank bag I have doesn’t sit well on NUDGERS tank:(
    It’s too high and interferes with the beach bars that are fitted :(
    It’s also too close to my eyes and I would have to wear my reading glasses to see it:(
    I can see the speedometer and read the digital display so it makes sense to mount the phone next to the speedo :)
    I also don’t want to be carrying a bag about every time I leave the bike :confused:
    With a suitable phone mount I just unclip it and put the phone in my pocket :grinning:

• Like Like x 3
  5. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Sounds sensible. I tried using my car nav in a tank bag at first and found it too much of a look-down to focus on quickly before looking back up to see what the moron cage drivers were up to. Having it by the clocks is way more sensible.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

• Like Like x 3
  7. Flybywyre

Flybywyre Member

Aug 3, 2018
    Winchester UK
  8. Tel Boy

Tel Boy Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Devon
    Google ultimate addons Dilli, they have everything you will need

• Like Like x 1
  9. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

10. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Again....I’ve been looking at these and they do a hard case type which looks good :)
    Think it’s gonna be one of these or the Givi one above :)

11. Tel Boy

Tel Boy Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Devon
    Google ultimate addons Dilli, they have everything you will need
    That's the one I've got (the hard case) its very good and easy to take off but is a bit bulky to put it in a pocket.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Drummer

Drummer Member

Mar 4, 2016
    Leeds
    Hi dilligaf, I assume you have checked out the Triumph phone holders as shown on the Speedmaster accessories listings?

• Like Like x 1
  13. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

I’ve seen some Triumph ones in accessories but can’t find a page for 2018 Speedmaster :confused:
    Do you have a link :)

14. Drummer

Drummer Member

Mar 4, 2016
    Leeds
    I just went onto Speedmaster spec, in Triumph website, then onto “configure” and all the accessories are listed. They show 3 sizes but they may well be the same as the general Triumph ones you mentioned.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  15. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

I’ve come to a decision and ordered the ultimate addons one for £43.99:eek: from amazon
    A bit more than I was hoping to pay :(
    But looks like a quality bit of kit :) hopefully :confused:
    I also had a play about with google maps on my iPhone and after turning off WiFi/Bluetooth and Data I put the post code in for work :mad: this morning and it worked a treat :grinning:
    Basically I got myself a sat nav without buying a sat nav :grinning:
    So it works and I’m now at work :sob:

• Like Like x 2
  16. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I have one for Doris and it works great, if you’re going to want to listen to instructions I’d recommend one of these so you don’t have wires flapping around from your phone, if you don’t have a helmet Bluetooth thingy already. Make sure it receives

17. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Cheers mate but I don’t want to listen to anything except NUDGERS engine :cool:
    Just want a visual aid when needed :)
    Probably won’t use this much but it’s winter and I’m bored :rolleyes:
    Let’s spend :imp:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:eek: This just arrived at work :grinning: DFD9397F-940E-429C-B922-17277E4D22F8.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  19. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:eek: It’s Feckin huge :eek:
    Seems to be a nice bit of kit :)
    Put my phone in it and it and can use all the functions :)
    Can see it clearly enough without glasses which is what I was hoping for :)
    Moved the handle bars lock to lock and it clears the tank no problem :)
    Yeah I think that’ll do the job :cool: B377B944-63E9-4A5F-A366-B2792C3498E1.jpeg

• Like Like x 5