Phone Mount For Clip On Bars?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by welly, Sep 11, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. welly

welly Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2019
    Leeds
    Hi all

Looking for a phone mount for my bike so I can use my phone as a GPS. The bike has clip on bars so most mounts are no good for it and I've seen the RAM fork stem mount, which looks ideal although my bars don't have an open stem. See photo below:

IMG_20190825_113234.jpg

It could be the case that the nut/cover on the stem is just there to stop water/muck getting into it? I assume it's not there to hold the bars in place? Any thoughts? Could I remove that and jam a RAM stem mount down it? Bike is a Speed Four 2006/2007 model.

Cheers!

2. welly

welly Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2019
    Leeds
    Alternatively, is there some sort of mount that goes between where the bars bolt on?

3. welly

welly Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2019
    Leeds
    Just found this which looks like it'll do the trick. Fits on the tank/fuel filler. :party:

41ofj-MIBXL.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  4. Oz228

Oz228 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2019
    Inverness
    That looks smart, have you bought it yet? I'm interested to know how you get on with it

5. welly

welly Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2019
    Leeds
    It's pretty good, works as expected but it's a bit too close to me when I'm riding and so you can't really look at the phone. Might be better on a different bike where the filler is further away. Ram do a mirror mount which I'm going to order and try out.

RAM-B-272.jpg

Will see if this one is any good!