Featured Peter And I Scramble Bimble...

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Winglad, Sep 24, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. SleepyOwl

SleepyOwl Crème de la Crème

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall
    The black XC looks stunning.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Winglad

Winglad Crème de la Crème

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    Yes, today we made it without rain-gear!

Peter and I were able to test the sport-mode o_O

Switching from the Fat Bob to the scrambler is like switching from a destroyer to a Zodiac (I don‘t mean the bear ;)). The scrambler is much more nimble, possibly due to the fat and heavy front wheel of the tractor.
    But we had no problem keeping up with each other. You can move around with the HD pretty quickly as well.

Since some of you had asked us about the the saddle: We both came to the conclusion, that it is less soft
    by quite an amount compared to the Bonnie T120 that I owned. There‘s no doubt that you will need a bunch of coffee breaks on a tour from London to Inverness :yum

Otherwise, I can not find any significant fault with this machine.

Anyone who is interested: Ride it, love it, buy it. (I guess that’s what Peter is up to as well)

Have a nice weekend!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Winglad

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    Shhhhh.....

this is top secret!
    peter bought the scrambler xc in khaki/brooklands green yesterday...
    great deal with loads of extras (hand-guards, flyscreen, side-bag...)

congrats peter!

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    How is your BMW Daniel? I bet like mine you have had few chances to ride it in the dry! :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Have to say, the T/5 looks stunning! (I would, though.)

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Winglad

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    Hi Steve!
    The bike is fine. And I am about to go crazy for not being able to ride it in all this salty murk on the roads...:confounded:
    Today I took the Fat Bob to the dealer for MOT+inspection. 2 deg.C. but sunny and dry and no salt since it rained for the last few days and was always above freezing.
    But after 10 kilometers, I was really glad to go inside again and have a cup of coffee.

Cheers, Daniel

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I know! Only had mine out twice since I did the handlebar conversion. (Vielen Dank AC Schnitzer!)
    It's driving me mad and the weather doesn't look any better next week! :confused:

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. heartlander

heartlander Member

Daniel is right, I got my first bike yesterday after 23 years without one. Here are some pictures CB7F4DAA-7978-4D0B-BF92-F790DC92137E.jpeg 5D81C90A-3BCD-43DC-8EB9-469260545528.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
    • Love You Love You x 1
  9. heartlander

heartlander Member

Still some weeks to go till i can have a go but spring is coming!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Winglad

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    @heartlander :

...Peter McQueen... :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. heartlander

heartlander Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  12. heartlander

heartlander Member

A little bit of sunshine, no rain and a tractor nearby - great!!:p

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Winglad

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    Today‘s lockdown-bimble... (in Hessen, we are allowed to stupidly ride in circles, like bikers usually do.
    Nobody gets any kind of biological virus by doing that. You just have to stay out of Bavaria! Since they have not realized this little fact...)

Weather was great, and our two bikes deliver in an absolutely fantastic way!

One negative point though: There must be a Lycra-Convention somewhere not too far from here...
    And all the participants seem to be arriving on racing-bicycles... :skull:

EB9E2C58-792D-4D47-AE46-3DA373A6B738.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    No riding for us Daniel - in circles or otherwise.
    I fear we will be confined to barracks very soon. :(

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  15. Winglad

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    I hope they won‘t overdo it, Steve. It‘s a shot likely to backfire.
    Over here, still everyone agrees with the measurements. And I think from a medical viewpoint they make total sense.
    We all agree, we want to save lives.
    The rather philosophical question is: How many lives are we willing to ruin financially and condemn them to be overnight social cases, to save the lives of those not catching the virus now, but later, when hospitals have geared up?
    Honestly: It‘s a decision, I am glad not being forced to make.
    While we are all watching the graphs daily, which show the corona-infection-rate, nobody publishes any graph whatsoever about the actual development of the suicide rate here in Germany, or of the children being abused due to the fact that their parents sit around at home worried sick and going crazy (and not only about the virus, but about their very economical future...).
    This lockdown is all rather nice and cozy in a mansion on the hill with the attic bulging with toilet-paper, but in a two-room, 30 square-meter ramshackle flat with 6 people living under one roof...!? Go figure.

Again: I am not saying what we do is wrong. But I say we are going to pay a pretty damn high price for it.

(And sorry, this probably is the wrong thread for my darker thoughts...)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I agree with your post itself, @Winglad, not that it is an inappropriate place for your darker thoughts. I’ve had similar thoughts over the last few weeks. Suicide rates, child and spousal abuse, financial ruin, people not being treated for medical issues and conditions other than COVID– 19 N. The ramifications and unintended consequences boggle the mind.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1