Vintage Tiger Part 2 of refurb - new screen

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by thebiglad, Sep 19, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi peeps, just received my new screen this morning and installed it on the bike. It's called an MRA VarioTouring and comes from Germany. Cost 110 euros delivered.

Here are some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've tried the aerofoil in various positions and for me 6'1" second to lowest seems to be about the best. I used to have an Ermax Touring screen on before. The wind blast protection wasn't bad but the turbulence and noise were atrocious. This new set-up is loads better, to the extent that I found myself going significantly quickly, more easily. Turbulence and noise are down by - at a guess - 80%? Loads more comfortable.

Got it from here, if anyone is interested:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281992090314?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Cheers
    Dave

2. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Nice one Dave

3. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Thanks mates, I reckon it does look good, but equally importantly it will make travelling long distances more comfortable and less tiring - which justifies the cost imo.

4. coleser

coleser New Member

Aug 2, 2016
    somerset
    Got the same on mine, came with it already fitted so don't know what original was like, but still buffets like buggery, so will try mirror extenders next.

5. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Coleser, before you do anything else may I suggest you try all the positions of the aerofoil - it's makes quite a difference.

I found with mine it was best at the next to lowest position. I'm 6'1" and for me that works fine. If I try it on the higher positions it buffets more and more.

6. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

So you admit your GS doesn't look so good !!! It's the first step to recovery :D:D:D

'My name is Ade, I am a rider of ugly bikes', maybe we'll no need the intervention at Kielder, next year ;)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    There's a chance he's willing to correct his mental illness now which the panzer has partly caused. Things are looking better for him. We just need to set a default in his computer to direct him to triumph for sale section everytime!!

8. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Dave, try any adjustments with spanners first as you really don't want to shall we say "have a cut above the rest" like the kitten had a lobotomy!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Eric, the way it feels at the mo' is that I won't need to make any 'cuts'.

• Like Like x 1
  10. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    That looks pretty good Dave.
    Anything that adds comfort has got to be good.