Panniers Advice

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by DanielB, Feb 4, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. SamTheExplorer

Nov 26, 2017
    Cambridge, UK
    IMG-20200814-WA0038.jpg

As a handy tie down point- Bike It Luggage Anchor Kit in action!

• Like Like x 2
  2. DanielB

DanielB Noble Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Abingdon, Oxfordshire
    #22 DanielB, Feb 13, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    Issue seems resolved...

Due to the extremely appreciated good will of fellow forum members I now have some soft throw over panniers and waterproof bags that'll do me perfectly...

Thank you!

They do just touch the aftermarket (came with the bike) high level Scorpion exhaust, so I was looking in to making a rack to support the panniers off the exhaust...but instead got a bargain original exhaust for twenty quid!

The lower original exhaust should give me the clearance I need for the bags!

So....I have myself a dedicated touring exhaust! :cool:

I am quite certain the bike wasn't/didn't need remapping for the Scorpion exhaust, so I'm assuming the swapping to the original exhaust when needed doesn't need anything special doing??

I can't thank the forum enough, it's a credit to the internet!

• Like Like x 7
  3. topbanana0

topbanana0 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2016
    South Wales
    One of the easiest set ups I had on a previous bike, was an old top box bolted to a second hand pillion set. Just clip in and your away.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Slybacon

Slybacon New Member

Mar 22, 2021
    Falkirk
    Hi, is there a model number for those panniers? I need a set to do the NC 500 in August.

5. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Welcome in @Slybacon, not at my PC at the moment but will get back to you if I can find my original order. I don't think they show them on their website anymore but they might be able to help if you contact them with the part numbers. What year is your bike as the support frame probably changes over the years.

6. Slybacon

Slybacon New Member

Mar 22, 2021
    Falkirk
    Cheers Col
    It's a 2011 I have. I actually have soft panniers but the high exhausts will probably set them alight.

7. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Here's the details from when I bought them back in Aug' 2015 from 1st Line Motorcycles, they were Givi rep at the time.
    upload_2021-3-23_20-50-4.png

8. Slybacon

Slybacon New Member

Mar 22, 2021
    Falkirk
  9. Gary Neal Frans

Gary Neal Frans New Member

Nov 30, 2021
    Los Angeles, CA
    For panniers, Aluminum boxes means I can lock them. For a tent, I recommend: CATOMA Backpacking-Tent Wolverine. It takes 2 seconds to set up unless you want to place it on a cot to get up off the ground. Then add another minute. Fast setup and take down makes an enormous fun-time difference.