Tiger Explorer Pannier Liner Bags?

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by Paul Coupe, Jul 20, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Paul Coupe

Paul Coupe Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Gloucestershire
    Does anyone have recommendations for a set of liner bags for the Triumph Explorer plastic (alu-look) panniers that don;t cost the earth? Don't want to resort o bin liners (been there, got the torn bags and wet clothes to prove it!). There's some on ebay which look pretty low budget but they're too pricey imho for what they are...cheaper to buy cheap ruck-sacs (is that the answer?)

2. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham
    Hi mate.

I bought a couple of 20l dry bags to use as pannier liners. Other sizes are available. :p Just under £20 for a pair of nice quality bags. Plenty big enough to squash down to a pannier shape. Easy to take off the bike and carry away. And obviously totally waterproof.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Paul Coupe

Paul Coupe Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Gloucestershire
    Thanks John...I have a camping shop just down the road and I think that they may have some...good shout.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham
    I think you're right DD. I just thought triumph inner panniers liners are ridiculously expensive for what they are.

Using dry bags is just extra insurance to keep your kit dry. I used mine inside cargo endurance throw over panniers. It also eliminated the need to stop and put on the waterproof outer covers during some horrendous thunderstorms I got caught in. Its a win/win for me. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Paul Coupe

Paul Coupe Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Gloucestershire
    I think the issue for me is that I want to keep the panniers locked onto the bike and just have lift out bags as it saves a lot of faffing about D-D.

I don't know if the panniers are watertight...only had the bike less than a week...they're the standard ali-look plastic Tiger panniers.

Just checked the camping place website....dry bags with decent handles aren't in the sizes needed but they do have a decent range of smaller ones for individually packing stuff. I came across an ebay ad for purpose made liners for the explorer panniers and made an offer of £28 for them which has just been accepted so happy to pay that.

• Like Like x 3