Paddock Stand Suggestions

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Danny mc, May 3, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Danny mc

Danny mc Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Liverpool
    Oh yeah just looked :(

2. Danny mc

Apr 24, 2017
    Liverpool
    Thanks for ideas boys,think I'm gonna go for the roller am see how it goes,I'll get mrs to steady bike:rolleyes:

3. Gary_P

Gary_P Active Member

May 19, 2016
    North Yorkshire
    The roller worked okay on the heavier bike Danny, but the paddock stand is more user friendly, it keeps the bike upright whereas with the roller the bike is on a lean towards the side. I reckon the roller would be good with a front fork stand on a bigger bike, but that would be paying for 2 items. Demon Tweeks single side paddock stand would get my vote, I put my bike on and off it no problem. hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Danny mc

Apr 24, 2017
    Liverpool
    Thanks gary,I've ordered the roller for now,I'll use the puck for side stand n get mrs to steady while I do chain,I'll buy some more goodies with the pennies saved:)

5. Gary_P

Gary_P Active Member

May 19, 2016
    North Yorkshire
    I think you will find the roller okay Danny, you need the puck to get the bike a bit more upright, but for chain and rear wheel cleaning/maintenance it works a treat.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Danny mc

Apr 24, 2017
    Liverpool
    Cheers gaz

7. zad0107

zad0107 Member

Feb 23, 2016
    selby
    I used an abba which was very good indeed for my 2012 triple r. In fact I still have it and may consider selling it for the right money

8. Modalconfusion

Modalconfusion Active Member

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
  9. Chewie

Chewie Member

Dec 16, 2016
    Melbourne Australia
    recently bought a Torpedo 7 front stand (made by a new Zealand company) for about $70 AUD. This was very cheap and seems to be pretty good quality. They do make a rear stand for Triumph SSSA. Check it out. If it is as good as the front stand, you'll be happy with it. Just note that you have to buy the pin separately. See their stands here.
    https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...RS1&_nkw=torpedo+7+motorcycle+stands&_sacat=0

10. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    For a few penny's more you can buy a nice secure paddock stand, why bother with a roller :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1