Oxford Heated Grips

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Number 11, Apr 12, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bikerman

Bikerman I used to have 5500 posts.

Oct 29, 2014
    Lincolnshire
    #21 Bikerman, Apr 14, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
    @Number 11 Sure will be. They are very good, you can wear race gloves and they will keep your hands nice and warm. I doubt very much that you'll be able to keep them on 100% for very long, as I've said they are very hot. I start off at 100% then work my way down to 50%, and that's perfect for me, even when it's chucking it down as well. I just can't fault them. Or the Sportsbike shop too.
    Now you might be a fully trained mechanic so apologies if you are, but if not, then I found this very helpful before I fitted mine. Both turned out fine with me fitting them.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pedro1340

Pedro1340 Senior Member

Jan 31, 2018
    .Glasgow
    No apologies needed,,I'm a Diddy so any fitting advice is fine by me:)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    When I put these grips on the ducati xdiavel, I cut down the wires and removed the connectors by soldering (then heat shrink) on the cables to get a perfect fit for the cables as there was no-where to hide the excess wires.
    Took a few hrs but looked pretty neat in the end.
    Best heated grips out there imho.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Linx

Linx Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2020
    Stratford Upon Avon, UK
    I fitted a pair of these to my wife's Hornet. Work great and I could stuff the excess wiring into the headlight. Where do you stuff the wiring on a Speed Triple though? Under the tank?

5. Bikerman

Bikerman I used to have 5500 posts.

Oct 29, 2014
    Lincolnshire
    Maybe do as ducatititriumph has done. Don't have a speed triple, so I don't know what your up against. Good luck anyhow.
    I hid all my cables under the tank, on both bikes.