Our pets

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Red Thunder, Jun 23, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ken P

Ken P Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2020
    Norfolk, England
    Ooh he’s lovely!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    What a menagerie you have, @Ken P! I'd love to hear more stories about and see more photos of your furry family (and by that I do mean your animals just to be clear).

My hubby and I lost our boxer, Annie last October and our house is far too quiet and empty. We are definitely ready for another dog to find us. So I'm getting my pet fix vicariously these days. So post away please! :):heart:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Youki and Yoshi are thriving and are perfect apart for the occasional curtain climbing.
    Who's a handsome boy then!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  4. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Mickey & Archie, waiting on me
    20210413_103725.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  5. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    20210113_072849.jpg
    We lost our Izzi in January to cancer and swore we wouldn't have another dog . She was a rescue dog , a Staffie Cross aged about 10.
    Fast forward a few weeks and we have Bella now, another rescue dog, guess it is our vocation. She is a brindle and white Staffie aged about 8 and she has settled in nicely after only 3 weeks. IMG-20210407-WA0001.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  6. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    @sprintdave, first of all, I'm really sorry about your loss of Izzie in January. I understand how they take a part of your heart with them when they leave us. We lost our Annie last October--she was also 10 years old.

Bella looks so sweet and she definitely looks like she has settled in--she's settled right in to that couch! :) I think that dogs somehow find us when the time is right. And I'll bet Bella knows she has found a wonderful home. :heart:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. sprintdave

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Thanx Sandi. Yes she sure has settled in well and is teaching us her ways. Funny but I thought it was supposed to be the other way round. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Some of you know that Mr. Sandi and I lost our wonderful boxer, Annie, this past October. I've missed her every single day since then. We have known that at some point we would welcome another boxer into our home, family, and hearts but didn't really know when. We just knew that at some point, the right dog would come into our lives. Well, it looks like that's happening! :)

Meet "Noelle". We are getting her from the same breeder who connected us with our dear Annie. Noelle (who will most likely become "Ellie" to us) is a year and a half old. Mr. Sandi was hoping for a puppy but she will be puppy enough for us. He's not been through that "challenging" process before and though I've been through it several times and I'm just not up for it these days. :rolleyes: Noelle was going to be a show dog but that didn't pan out for several reasons including Covid. And her owner's husband has cancer and doing poorly so they are attempting to simply their lives by placing some of there dogs with companion families. So we truly lucked out--though I don't believe in luck or coincidence so I think somehow and for some reason we are meant to love and care for this dog. :heart:

So we had a "meet & greet" with Noelle today when her current owner brought her to the vet--we have the same vet and that was the original connection five years ago. She needs to be spayed so her current owner is going to keep her through that procedure and healing proces. If all goes as planned we will bring her home the week of May 24th. I will definitely share more photos and stories then! Until then, here she is..... :grinning:

Noelle.1.jpg

IMG_4562.jpeg

IMG_4560.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
    • Love You Love You x 1
  9. sprintdave

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Awwww. What a beauty, I'm sure she will be perfect for you, and you for her. All the best and good luck

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Lou160487

Lou160487 Senior Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Florida U.S.A
    She's just beautiful. Years ago I was owned by a brindle girl. Sweetest dog ever. I still miss every single companion I've lost in a life time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. stinger

stinger Senior Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Yarnbrook
    Good luck with the adoption Sandi.

Meanwhile in jolly old Blighty i waited for it to stop raining to take her out for a walk.....

IMG_20210508_143204.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, Lou. Yes, it is we who are "owned" by our pets I do believe. At least our hearts certainly are. :heart: I agree with missing every single companion I've lost over my life time. Growing up on a farm I had dogs and cats and horses. I even befriended a few piglets who eventually went off to "you know where". :(

I've only had one brindle boxer over the years. Our rescue boxer Reuben was a reverse brindle who was mostly black. He had white paws and a white chest so I called him my "tuxedo dog". :) Other than Reuben my boxers have all been fawn until now with Noelle. The stripe on her back in particular definitely look like tiger stripes.

13. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    My daughter is staying with us and brought her baby with her, which I had to share. Meet Sox o_O

E95B9134-C96A-44A8-828C-2FA10581AD4F.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  14. sprintdave

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Awwwwwwwww.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Lou160487

Lou160487 Senior Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Florida U.S.A
    Nice hat

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Hi Sandi T;
    Annie reincarnate?
    :heart: To you, S, and M.A.S.S.
    Ken.

• Love You Love You x 1
  17. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks for the :heart::heart::heart:, Ken. :) Noelle may be that! I've been asking Annie to lead us to a new friend for some time now and I'm sure she had a hand (well, paw) in us being connected with Noelle. :blush:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    #1758 Tricky-Dicky, May 10, 2021
    Last edited: May 11, 2021
    Glad you have another canine love in your lives Sandi, its just too hard to live without an animal friend, my wife Rose is waiting with baited breath for the breeder to let her know that his GSD girl is in pup as she has a boy booked for a little later this year, she has been wanting another Shepherd since loosing her two back in 2000 we had two shepherds and two collies but couldn't do Collies justice with enough exercise these days, so it will be Just the one Sheperd.

Going to be fun getting the two resident beasts to accept a new friend into the pack, and we can all guess who will be the bosses.;)

Here are a couple of pics of the terrible duo.
    Yes dad I'm coming!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What do you reckon can we get over that fence!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    • Love You Love You x 1
  19. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thank you, Dick. Yes, it is too hard to live without animals in our lives. They bring so much joy to us and are often a model of how to live well. :):heart: Best of luck with getting that Shepherd pup into your family. Please keep us posted! And I can't wait to hear all about how the beasts all work out the pecking order in the household. ;):joy:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Meet, Ellie, our new boxer girl. We got her Tuesday afternoon and she's a sweetie. But we do have our work cut out for us with potty training (as we were told she already was--nope), and helping her acclimate to a house without other dogs (she was with ten). On a positive note, she loves her morning walks already and walks beautifully on a leash. And we do seem to be developing a bond already, too.

IMG_5846.jpeg

IMG_5841.jpeg

IMG_4740.jpeg

IMG_4731.jpeg

• Like Like x 10