Our pets

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Red Thunder, Jun 23, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Yoshi is a Siamese blue point and your right about Yuki.:)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Streetgirl675

Streetgirl675 ...otherwise known as Streetgirl765

Dec 19, 2019
    Cheshire
    So sorry to hear of your loss @stinger. What a horrible experience. Our animals become such a big part of our lives. Sending you a massive hug

It hurts! Our experience was very similar. Our dog had a habit of eating things he shouldn’t, mostly socks. He was off colour for a few days and was diagnosed with heat stroke, put on a drip for the day and then came home. And he seemed fine and full of life again. Two days later I had to take him back to the vet as he still didn’t seem right. They did a scan and could see something in his abdomen. So they took him in for a procedure, both the vet and us thinking they would find a sock. A couple of hours later the vet called to say they had found cancer and it was in all his organs and stomach. I had to make the decision right then as well. Never got to say goodbye. This photo is my last photo of him, taken two days before he was gone. Its been two years and it has not got any easier

2194218A-5668-4945-8D7C-4A7EE57E5BB3.jpeg

• Love You Love You x 13
  3. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    They make me smile too.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #1644 Sandi T, Oct 15, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    Mr. Sandi and I said our goodbyes to our beloved boxer, Annie, yesterday late afternoon. :sob: I am heartbroken. :broken_heart: As I mentioned in a previous post in this thread, Annie had degenerative myelopathy, a neurological disorder that progressively causes paralysis in the back legs and back end. Though Annie was a trooper, she was struggling mightily and we made the difficult decision to let her go "home". Though we know it was best for her, we are devastated to lose her and can't yet quite believe she's gone.

We were lucky and blessed to "adopt" Annie for the second half of her life and are consoling ourselves with the knowledge that we were able to give her a great retirement as Queen Bee of local walking path and the 'hood. And also knowing that she is now healthy and happy and whole running free on the Rainbow Bridge. :heart::heart::heart: This is the part of loving a dog and giving her your heart that is so difficult and grief-filled. But the joy that they give us makes the heartbreak worth it.

We didn't get to know Annie as a puppy but here she is in all her glory. She was gorgeous from the get-go.
    Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 6.33.32 PM.png

Here she is the day we took her home with us 4 1/2 years ago.
    IMG_5862.jpeg

All excited to accompany us to her new home and her new family. She actually fell asleep on the 1 1/2 hour drive from Phoenix to Tucson.
    IMG_5864.jpeg

Here she is a couple of months after she came to live with us--out for a walk. Always elegant but ever so modest about it. :blush:
    IMG_5036.jpeg

Annie in her last week with us on her daily walk--probably her most favorite thing in the world--and hanging out with us in the backyard while here mom and dad sipped a cocktail.
    IMG_0289.jpeg

IMG_0351.jpeg

• Love You Love You x 17
  5. Foxy1

Foxy1 Crème de la Crème

Aug 31, 2018
    Sheffield
    So, so sorry to hear this, Sandy. My thoughts are with you and your hubby. I've had 2 boxers, and absolutely love 'em.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    We all know when we take them in, this time will come. It's never easy, but you did the right thing.
    Thinking of you both.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

So sorry to hear this Sandi
    Be strong for each other and know that you are in our thoughts :heart:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Lou160487

Lou160487 Senior Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Florida U.S.A

9. Lou160487

Lou160487 Senior Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Florida U.S.A
    It was easy to see from your previous posts how well loved and cared for Annie was. I'm sorry to hear of her passing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Sad news Sandi, one of the hardest decisions we have to make...just remember all the love and good times that you wouldn't have had without her.:heart:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    Sad to read, Sandi, but also I can tell what a blessing y'all were to her and her to y'all.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thank you so much, @Foxy1. I truly appreciate your sentiments. And having had boxers, you understand their exuberance and how empty our house now feels without all that boxer joy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thank you, @Vulpes. Yes, we go into it knowing what grief we eventually will face down the road. :sob: Mr. Sandi and I do know we did the right thing, but I really do appreciate that reminder from a fellow dog lover. :kissing_heart:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  14. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thank you, @Privateer. Yes, we are really focusing on the zillions of great memories we have with Annie as well as knowing that we gave her a terrific "retirement" where she got all the attention and was truly the "queen bee". One of Annie's previous owners posted about her passing on Facebook and evidently there have been well over a hundred responses sending condolences, love, and hugs. Annie was loved by many over the years both in her show and mama dog life and her retirement life with us.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    @dilligaf
    Thank you, dilli, for your thoughts as Mr. Sandi and I mourn the loss of our beloved Annie Lou. We really are leaning on one another in our sadness.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    No need to say more, @Bikerman. Just know that I appreciate your post. It just helps to know that others are there, even if quietly. Annie really did have a good life with us and we are very glad that we could give that to her.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, @Lou160487. We surely loved that dog and did our darnedest to show her that each day through our love and care. And she showed us how much she loved us every day, too. I referred to her as my "protector dog" because she had to know where I was all the time. When I was injured in a bicycle accident she very rarely left my side for days on end. And if I was out on a motorcycle ride or running errands, Mr. Sandi said that she would lie in the hallway where she could see out a window next to the door where she could look and listen for my return.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    So true on both counts, @Tricky-Dicky. One of the most difficult decision we have to make. But we're also glad that with our furry friends we have the option to make it when we must.

Annie brought tons of love and good times into our lives. Just this morning Mr. Sandi said that it seemed like we had Annie for 20 years rather than just shy of 5, she was that much a part of our lives and our hearts. We'll cherish our many memories of her forever. :heart:

• Like Like x 4
  19. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thank you, @JtC. Annie certainly was a blessing to us and I hope and pray that we were even half as much a blessing to her. I do believe we were. :heart:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  20. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    "She's started to have a bit if trouble walking after laying still for long periods (she does a lot of that)
    But that's the only signs of old age creeping in so far."

I know EXACTLY how she feels.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 4