Our pets

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Red Thunder, Jun 23, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Sorry for your loss Stinger:broken_heart:
    Happy for your fond memories that will help you heal :sun:
    Damn tears twice today, I need a coffee : unamused:

• Like Like x 5
  2. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Elite Member

Jan 2, 2020
    Wirral England
    Are you going to give me any of that sandwich?

08B0DCCB-A318-44C0-B862-41B1A575F113.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 4
  3. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    More like, "you ARE going to give me that sandwich". :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  4. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Elite Member

Jan 2, 2020
    Wirral England
    Look into my eyes. Look into my eyes. GIVE ME THE SANDWICH

• Funny Funny x 8
  5. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thinking of you today as you miss your loyal little friend, @stinger. I hope you’re doing OK. :kissing_heart::heart:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Yesterday was Annie's 10th birthday! Here's a photo of our birthday girl on her morning walk. :cool::party::sun::heart:
    Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 2.04.32 PM.png

Here's another photo of Annie with Mr. Sandi on today's walk. She was intently looking for a cat that had just appeared--then disappeared-- on the top of a wall. And they say animals don't have object permanence. ;):joy:
    IMG_0192.jpeg

We are thrilled that Annie made it to this 10th birthday and feared she might not. She has degenerative myelopathy which was initially diagnosed in late December. She is having more and more difficulty controlling and using her back legs which are slowing becoming paralyzed along with her hips, etc. So I'm sad to report that her days are numbered. :( We are just loving her and doting on her and spending as much time as possible with her while she's still with us. :heart::heart::heart:

I'm reaching out to other forum members who are dog lovers who may have had any experience with this horrible disorder. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions for Mr. Sandi and me?

One thing we are doing that helps somewhat is putting stick-on pads on her paws that give her some traction. They don't last long but I clean her paws and replace the pads daily. We've also spread a number of rugs around the house so she can move from rug to rug (like little islands) since we have concrete floors which are very slippery for her. Here are a couple pics from today of her with her little traction pads. :) Thanks for any helpful tips to support her quality of life better while she's with us. :kissing:
    IMG_0222.jpeg

IMG_0218.jpeg

IMG_0220.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  7. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Steve 998cc

Steve 998cc Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2019
    leicestershire
    Theres a chocolate Labragor opposite me he has a problem moving his back legs only 9 years old his owner has got a 2 wheeled harnessed trolley which supports his back end and takes some of the wieght of his hips he couldn't walk 6 months ago but can now walk about a 500yds slowly but in no pain. When I see the owner I'll ask where he got it from for you.

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    I'm sure you already know but if you buy direct from Yumove on a subscribe and save deal you get 35% discount per month with no tie in.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    My little buddy... :heart_eyes:
    20201005_174553.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  11. stinger

stinger Senior Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Yarnbrook
    Thank you

12. Foxy1

Foxy1 Crème de la Crème

Aug 31, 2018
    Sheffield
    Just read about your loss, Stinger. So sorry to hear about it. Glad I have my own office, here at work........... :sob:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Foxy1

Foxy1 Crème de la Crème

Aug 31, 2018
    Sheffield
    We had loads o tears in our house on Sunday. As most of you know, one ot conditions of havin mi Grandson, was havin to get rid of mi bulldog. We've managed to place him with the family we bought him from, and he was really excited when they turned up wi their kids to fetch him, so he obviously remembers them. This made it slightly easier, and he sent us some photo's to show us he'd settled ok. He also sent us a video, and asked us to show it to t'social services, of his 2 year old daughter playing with him and dressing him up in dolls clothes. He loves kids, but social services wouldn't have it. When they brought mi Grandson yesterday, I had a reyt go at em, and showed em t'video. All I got in reply was the owd excuse, "its not my decision". The bloke who has him now, is a friend and mi sons boss, so he knows mi daughters havin him, when she gets her house. Our lass sez "he's on holiday"........;)

• Like Like x 7
    • Love You Love You x 2
  14. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    A right pain they made you lose your bulldog... If he's anything like mine he'd be great with kids. All that's ever happened with ours is that she might toss a wee one over, because she's so enthousiastic...
    Fortunately he's only "on holiday..." :)

• Like Like x 4
  15. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    What a sweet doggie!

We give Hannah Wonder Pet with Hemp for her knee dysplasia -helps her a lot, but don't know if it would be helpful to Annie. We get it off Amazon.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Chubzilla

Chubzilla Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2020
    Black country
    He's my daughters first pet,
    Delilah ‍♂️

We have many pet spiders which I make her release after 20 minutes of her making them run across her hands (apparently they love exercise and she is helping them) so they can go back home to their families

IMG_20200920_144205.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Stramasher

Stramasher Senior Member

Jun 10, 2020
    ex-0141
    Hello chubzilla.

Thank you for your picture of your “spider. “

I like you, you’re obviously one of the good mentals.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Chubzilla

Chubzilla Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2020
    Black country
    Hey

Your welcome, delilah loves the camera, she firs in well in this house of things that 'ain't what they seem'

Is there any other type, gotta love being a bit different.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Update pic of Squashy and the Pocket Panther alias Yoshi and Yuki
    who is now a month off a year old and Yoshi is just seven months but is a great daft lump already no idea when he is going to stop growing and they both bring a smile to our faces every day.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Lou160487

Lou160487 Senior Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Florida U.S.A
    Beautiful. Oriental shorthairs ?