Our pets

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Red Thunder, Jun 23, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    Way more resilient than I would be, for sure!o_O

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    #1602 Tricky-Dicky, Aug 26, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    Our previous cat Milo went through the same thing looked very similar too and he recovered fine.:)

• Like Like x 7
  3. Streetgirl675

Streetgirl675 ...otherwise known as Streetgirl765

Dec 19, 2019
    Cheshire
    Good to know @Tricky-Dicky :blush: we will persevere

• Like Like x 4
  4. Lou160487

Lou160487 Senior Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Florida U.S.A
    Meditation. At least that's what I call it when I do it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    It was a tough weekend...
    20200906_201741.jpg

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  6. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Yes well, she's chasing a hedgehog now, so not too fooked after all... :joy:

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Great photo, @Privateer! :) Yes, Bella is doing a Superman impression. But I think it's Superman taking a nap after a hard morning of fighting crime. ;)

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Yep, one of those days... :joy:
    20200913_213941.jpg

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 4
    • Love You Love You x 1
  10. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    She and I are in the same mood today it seems, Vulpes. :rolleyes: Glad it’s a lazy Sunday! :)

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    The tree trimmers are at the house today and Hannah is keeping an eye on them . . .

OnGuard.jpg

• Like Like x 11
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Lou160487

Lou160487 Senior Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Florida U.S.A
    Such a handsome girl.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    And spoiled like an only child, Lou! She earns her keep, though.

• Like Like x 4
  14. stinger

stinger Senior Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Yarnbrook
    #1614 stinger, Sep 24, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    Well today was a hard day. For background, my little boy has been a bit off colour for a month or so with an occasional cough, not wanting to go for every walk, very picky with his food. 3 weeks ago i took him to the vets and she diagnosed a possible throat infection and put him on a week of antibiotics. It didn't do much so i took him back yesterday. The vet was concerned as he was pretty listless and his breathing was quite laboured. He insisted he go back today for lung tests as 2 years ago he had lungworm and pneumonia and he was concerned it had happened again and wanted to test to make sure it was nothing more than a chest infection. Anyway i got a call at 2 this afternoon, not lungworm or a chest infection but lung cancer with multiple tumours and lung shadows and other indicators that suggested it appeared to have spread to his lymph nodes and liver. He explained they had had a fair amount of trouble keeping him going under the GA to carry out the tests and bringing him round was going to be very risky and that after that, if it was successful, to medicate him enough for me to make a considered opinion would only give him a few days at most. So a decision had to be made, parked up on the side of the road , goodbye my funny, naughty, cheeky and mischievious little man, how i choose to remember you.......

Polo.jpeg

• Love You Love You x 17
  15. Lou160487

Lou160487 Senior Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Florida U.S.A
    I'm very sorry to hear that. They bring great joy to our lives. Unconditional love is a great gift. The memories of all the good days will remain beyond the pain of loss.
    From one who has suffered the same loss a number of times,my deepest sympathy.

• Agree Agree x 8
  16. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

• Agree Agree x 7
  17. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Sorry to have read that @stinger he looked a fine bonny wee Dog

• Agree Agree x 9
  18. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    Sorry Stinger. My sister sent me this when one of hers passed:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
    All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
    You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
    Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
    Author unknown...

• Like Like x 9
    • Love You Love You x 1
  19. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    My heart breaks for you, stinger. My deepest condolences to you on the loss of your little buddy. It's so hard to let them go and when they do, they always take a piece of your heart with them. :heart::heart::heart: Thank you for sharing that wonderful photo of your friend. :kissing_heart: May your memories of him as a happy and healthy boy remain clear and strong.

• Agree Agree x 6
  20. GPT100

GPT100 Active Member

Sep 13, 2016
    East Durham Coast
    Very sorry for you stinger, I know that it's a hard decision to make but it was saving him from more pain, I had to go through the same pain when I had to let my dog Holly go.
    My thoughts are with you.
    Geoff

• Like Like x 3