Our pets

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Red Thunder, Jun 23, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Adie, how is Moss doing as of today? Sending lots of healing your and her way!! I'm sure she knows that you are doing your best to help her.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Good morning Sandi. Moss is quite obviously feeling the benefit of the HUGE amount of compassion, sympathy, get well wishes and affection expressed by the lovely people on this forum! She has had the ugly drain tube removed - apparently she did NOT want to get out of the car once she recognised the vet's surgery building - and is very much more active since then. She's even keen to get out and indulge in her favourite pastime - frisbee retrieval! That, however, is NOT going to happen for some time to come.

My wife (it's her dog, I'm a cat person!) has been treating the wound with manuka honey as well as maintaining the pharmaceutical medication, and she .... the dog, that is .... seems to be healing and gaining strength on a daily basis at present. I suspect it will be a matter of only a couple of weeks, maybe, before the pair of them are back on the daily routine of a run of at least 5 miles every morning, a day in the garden and a long walk (often with the cat!) in the afternoon/evening. Typical Border Collie. Atypical wife. Bonkers, but beautiful, cat.

So, for the time being at least, the road to recovery is looking pretty good. She will still need the vet's attention to the broken and missing teeth but at least much of the swelling around her mouth and gums has receded and she's eating normally so the signs are all good.

Once again, I'm deeply and sincerely grateful for all the good wishes expressed, felt and transmitted by so many of you.

THANK YOU.

p.s. as a matter of interest(?), my wife is still unsure of exactly what happened as Moss was behind her at that moment. I mentioned to her afterwards that, maybe Moss didn't hear the car and I asked my wife what type of car it was. Turns out it was a Lexus Hybrid 4X4 and, as it was going slowly at the time, was probably running silent. It's likely that Moss had dropped a stick she'd been carrying following a swim in the stream, and had probably suddenly darted into the road to get the stick.

Co-incidentally, the latest edition of our parish magazine - we're a small village of maybe 500 people, but have three other small villages within a five or so mile radius and have a "four village group" monthly magazine. All very "Miss Marple" bucolic! Anyway, yes, the magazine this month does warn of the dangers to pedestrians, cyclists and runners who might be unaware of near silent electric/hybrid vehicles on narrow, single track country lanes with no pavement (sidewalk). A sign of the times?

• Like Like x 7
  3. Great news to hear Moss is feeling better mate, great news. :):)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I'm glad Moss is on the mend, :heart: hopefully she will be back to her old self soon:)

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i think we can all relate to this:)
    j2.JPG

• Funny Funny x 11
  6. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Our wee baby...
    20190830_210540.jpg

• Love You Love You x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  7. :worried::worried::worried:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  8. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Sweetest bully!
    20190830_213350.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  9. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona

Thank you so much for the update on Moss, Adie. I'm so relieved and glad to read that she is doing so much better! I hope that she continues to heal and return to her normal, frisbee returning self each day. :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    George just before something gets ripped to bits:scream:

37DF541C-5189-49BA-949C-EF7E8540F3F6.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  11. Oh my :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
    He's a belter !

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

#993 David Cooper, Aug 31, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    Lovely photo of a Pomeranian puppy, I'm retiring next year so I'm trying to choose what breed of dog I am going to get for the long walks I'm planning on doing, and possibly putting it in a purpose made tank bag on Betty Blue the Rocket.

38537211_2629896863717480_4740717908424916992_n.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  13. Milly and her mate Henry the golden retriever :heart::heart:
    That's a guinea pig ! :eek:

• Funny Funny x 4
  14. oops ! summat went wrong there :D:D
    trying to upload a video, but it's not working for some reason, nothing to do with the cute puppy picture :confused::confused:

15. David Cooper

Subscriber

I love the Bull breeds,My Patterdale Terriers had Staffie and English bull Terrier in their bloodlines, the black one (Jedidiah) is part English bull, and the chocolate one (Elijah) is part Staffie, sadly no longer with us but always on my mind, they're just playing not fighting.

DSCF0275 - Copy.JPG

DSCF0276 - Copy.JPG

• Love You Love You x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    That’s fkin awesome soooo funny

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    David go for a Bullmastiff, love a long walk but at a slower pace.wow I miss mine, two Bulldogs which are maniacs are not the way to go

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. David Cooper

Subscriber

#999 David Cooper, Aug 31, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    I had one years ago Glyn, and I loved him to bits, but I want a smallish dog to go in a tank bag or something similar on the Rocket, a Bullmastiff would be a bit large on the tank.

riding-with-your-dog-1 (1).jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Our Milly is getting bigger every day now. She's 16 weeks old today, trouble is, the devilish streak in her increases every day too :imp::imp:

68999765_10156583091036527_4275729411631742976_o.jpg

• Like Like x 10