Our pets

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Red Thunder, Jun 23, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Check out the dog water dish on the deck of this coffee shop in Deadwood, South Dakota. :)

IMG_3557.jpeg

IMG_3534.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  2. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    If you're in any way squeamish about your pets - especially dogs - and their post surgical appearance ..... look away now!

I got one of those 'phone calls this morning - "Hurry up and come out to Tracebridge (about 3 miles away) Moss has been hit by a car and has an awful gash in her neck! I need to get her to the vets immediately!"

Moss, by the way, is our 6 year old Border Collie (bitch). She runs every day with my wife, usually not less than 5 or 6 miles, sometimes as much as 10 or 12 miles if she/they're training for an event.

So, 20 minutes later we're at the vets and Moss is pretty much straight into the operating room. A few hours - and many hundreds of pounds, actually, very nearly £1,000.00 - later, my wife returned to collect her. They thought she might need to be kept in over night but, seemingly, she appeared to be recovering quite well, despite fairly substantial injuries including a huge and very deep laceration to her chest and stretching up to her jaw; four broken teeth and further laceration to her jaw. Not a pretty sight........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The white plastic thing is a drainage tube of some sort for the fluids that are expected to be present because of the depth of the wound. Poor old girl.

I don't think she'll be running for a couple of weeks. Ermmmm ..... the dog, that is!

• Love You Love You x 2
  3. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

No pics here, mate.

4. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    My favourite friend of life 76kg of muscle Bullmastiff. Irreplaceable

DA739813-F336-4548-8FA3-BBE8FFB9DA90.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
    • Love You Love You x 1
  5. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

#965 David Cooper, Aug 24, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    Years ago I had a Bullmastiff called Buster,I named him wrong because he was the softest most lovable dog you could meet, At the same time I also had a Patterdale Terrier named Spike about a tenth of the weight of Buster, but he was the boss,I've had 3 Patterdales and they've all been right little fighters, much to my dismay.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Thanks for the kind messages, guys. Bit strange about the image failures - if I go to edit the original post, all the images show. I'm sure I've done copy and paste before into a message but doesn't seem to want to work now! Might be my latest Windoze update.

Ah well, you are probably better not seeing them - they really aren't very pleasant at all.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    I
    aww mate we’ve got two bulldogs now although lovely friends in every way ...... Bullmastiff all day long for my wife and I we’ve had three and miss every one of them.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    I hope she has a speedy recovery bud.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Hope Moss is recovering well, Adie. There'll be enough good wishes etc. from this animal loving forum to have her scampering about like a demented pup by around 3pm tomorrow - hopefully!

Best wishes etc.:)

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    That really is terrible, Adie. I hope all goes quickly and smoothly with Moss's healing. Please keep us posted.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Yes, thank you ALL for your very kind and considerate thoughts and wishes. In a way it is a great pity that the pictures haven't come out, but it is definitely NOT a pretty sight at all so perhaps for the best that they don't appear here.

Moss is, understandably, really knocked for six at the moment. She's normally full-on, stereotypical Border Collie that's like the Duracell toys - never bloody stops!! Poor wee thing is looking very miserable in a temporary bed as she's still bleeding a little. I think she's going to take a while to recover from this one, but Ii will definintely keep you all updated.

Thanks all.

• Love You Love You x 6
  12. Great thread this !!
    I LOVE dogs, i prefer them to people :p
    Here are, Billy in pic 1 sadly no longer with us. We took him on as a rescue.
    Pic 2 is Molly, we had her from 10 weeks old, sadly no longer with us.
    Now you know where my username comes from !

5984804482_6c969a0745.JPG

MissMolly.JPG

• Like Like x 10
  13. And this is our latest, 15 week old Milly.
    She is the ghost of Molly, and a proper little monster, she looks like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth, don't be fooled by that cute little face, she has he devil in her :D:heart::heart:

IMG_2184.JPG

• Like Like x 9
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  14. That's awful, it must have been horrendous for you all.
    Hope Moss is recovering well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Thanks mate, my wife is a camera junkie, i can't take credit for the pics.
    Little Milly has been hard work so far, she has a determined streak in her, when she want's to do something, orgo somewhere, she won't stop till her missions complete, no matter how much you tell her :rolleyes::D

• Like Like x 2
  16. Ha ha, yeah i know, only another 12-15 years of it, if we're lucky :D:D:D

• Like Like x 1
  17. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Very kind of you to ask - and think about her. She IS suffering, but that is, I'm convinced, in no small part because she is usually so active and I'm sure she simply doesn't understand why she feels the way she does right now. She's on painkillers and antibiotics and is scheduled to have the horrible looking plastic drain taken out tomorrow, if all is well.

I will find a way of putting a picture up - if only because it will, eventually, make a starl contrast when she is finally through it all.

Once again, a HUGE and sincere "thank you" to everyone who has expressed interest, concern and good wishes for her.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    If this works the images will be quite graphic.

thumbnail.jpg

Moss2 0819.jpg

• Love You Love You x 5
  19. Jesus !
    Poor girl, i'm not surprised she's feeling low. Medicine, and surgical techniques are fantastic these days though, the things that we all survive compared to a few years ago is amazing.
    I'm sure she will be up and running around again soon.
    All the best

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    And a (very gentle) therapeutic Stevie cuddle from me.:)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1