Our pets

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Red Thunder, Jun 23, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    collected a pal for Mickey today..cant think of a name for him,any ideas?
    P1020550_edited-1.jpg

P1020540_edited-1.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  2. Reggie

Reggie Senior Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Penicuik
    Lovely dog there Dougie and he's the spit of my neighbours dog 'Trigger'

• Like Like x 1
  3. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Dougie - male or female? She reminds me of the BC's we've had - all of them beautiful, loyal dogs.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    It's a male,my son thinks Simba is a good name for him, but me and the mrs aren't convinced..would welcome any suggestions!

• Like Like x 1
  5. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Shame you can only put 1 'like' on here I love him!
    Ive had 2 BC's both fantastically loyal and loving, both born in Shetland, 1 called Haggis, the other Deefa Dog, you can use either of them, both lucky names, they went on to good ages before time eventually took them.

• Like Like x 1
  6. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Name suggestions:

Bob,

Mouse,

Hey,

Disney,

Wendy has not had enough to drink yet.

Dave, Dee, Dozy, Beaky Mick or Titch - select one or more - Oh yes she has !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    I think Simba is African for lion.

8. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    yes it is, i don't know why he's thinking that would be a good name,he doesn't live at home now so he wouldn't have to be calling out his name!

9. Andy_S

Andy_S Active Member

Jul 19, 2016
    Kingston upon Hull
    My aunt and uncle had two, Kelty and Fife. So following the theme you could have Angus, Dundee,Kelso or any other northern town city or area? Just a thought:)
    Andy

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i thought Buddy or Dani would be good names but the mrs isn't convinced..will have to sleep on it,he's going to the vet tomorrow for his first vaccination so we'll have to have a name by then

11. Victor

Victor Active Member

Jul 26, 2015
    North Wales
    Spud gets my vote. Police dog handler/trainer once told me a dogs name should only contain one syllable. Apparently they can understand it better. Have never taken his advice so would know if it is true. Looks like a bute though.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i can't be shouting PORRIDGE! when i let him off the lead..i'd be getting locked up :D :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Andy_S

Andy_S Active Member

Jul 19, 2016
    Kingston upon Hull
    Bute ;):D
    Andy

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys,my wife was wanting something Scottish sounding so we've settled on Archie :)

• Like Like x 7
  15. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    He got on Great at the Vets Jez thanks.when we first brought him home on wednesday Mickey didn't even acknowledge him and ignored him all day, and Archie was quite quiet, but yesterday Archie was getting braver and when I'd throw a ball for Mickey he would run after it too..but last night he must have got a bit too brave..Mickey had his ball in his mouth and Archie tried to get it..and all hell broke out..fekin sh*t myself I've never heard Mickey sound so Ferocious, Archie was yelping and sounded as if he was getting mauled,so i ran over shouting at Mickey and gave him a bollocking and locked him in the kitchen,Archie was unhurt but it scared the hell out of me and the wife,later on i thought i better bring Mickey through again as Archies bed is in the same room as Mickey and i didn't want to put them together if Mickey was still Pis**d off with him, Mickey had that guilty look about him but he still ignored Archie, luckily there was no more trouble .i think I'm going to have to give Mickey some extra affection as your'e right he has the hump big style!..he's 9 now and although he has had my daughters dogs staying over for "holidays" and he gets on great with them, he has always been the centre of attention and i think he must realize Archies not going anywhere. fingers crossed they will eventually be pals

16. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    sometimes i think they are more human than some humans i know!. Archie has learned his lesson..he still chases the ball but once Mickey gets it, he just looks at him then looks at me and waits for Mickey to give me the ball back

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    he's got his own ball..and a load of toys :rolleyes: but he must be like Mickey ,he has umpteen balls and if he gives you one to throw he will only fetch that one..even if the other ball looks the same..he's not interested:confused:

• Like Like x 1
  18. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

This is Evil Edna, she's a Dwarf Pufferfish (Carinotetraodon travancoricus) and the meanest little bugger that ever lived, all 25mm of her. Thank god she's no a dog or we would all be dead !!! She's managed to kill every other fish we have put in with her and even made a loach take its own life !!!!:eek: Now in solitary confinement. :mad:

I have a habit of keeping strangely vicious pets !!!!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  19. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Mickey & Archie are now "PALS" well nearly :):)

Mickey and Archie.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  20. Watty2016

Watty2016 Active Member

Aug 27, 2016
    Dorridge
    Here is a pic of our 7 year old rescue basset, only had him 3 weeks and he comes with a bad tummy and very timid nature, due to issues with previous owners, but he has now found a good home for those big ears! IMG_3886.JPG IMG_3807.JPG

IMG_3886.JPG

IMG_3807.JPG

• Like Like x 5