Our pets

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Red Thunder, Jun 23, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tony b

Tony b Member

Aug 7, 2016
    Cornwall

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i'm really sorry to here this Dave, the fact he passed away quietly will be a comfort to you

• Like Like x 1
  3. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Thanks Jez, but unfortunately he started to vomit lots of blood so was rushed to the vets. He passed away with kindness, gently slipping off this mortel coil.

It's very sad, quiet house tonight.

But this is just the end part of a friendship/love that lasted over thirteen years, with lots and lots of happy times, right up to the last day.

• Like Like x 5
  4. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Sad News indeed Dave, But you did him proud mate, that showed in his devotion to you and the family and
    went further to any one he met,
    R.I.P Tresor - A True Friend

• Like Like x 1
  5. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    #45 Havit, Aug 31, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    New addition to the family . Out of 6 kittens only this one survived. So we called her Gloria.after the singer of "I will survive":D
    20160820_121637.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  6. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE

So sorry for you Dave, having lost 2 of my greys un-expectedly within months of each other this year I know how hard it hits you!
    RIP Tresor.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Victor

Victor Active Member

Jul 26, 2015
    North Wales
    Heidi image.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  8. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Heidi looks lovely. Such soulful eyes.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Sorry for your loss TBL
    I will give my Collie an extra hug when I get home :(

• Like Like x 2
  10. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    I feel your pain Dave. Still coming to terms with loosing my boy Bentley 4 weeks ago.

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  11. Modalconfusion

Modalconfusion Active Member

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
    Nice pinky furry slippers

12. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Thank you all guys, for your kind messages of support, it means a lot to us right now.

13. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    This is my Incpot (race name:Inca Hero)
    Photo0196[1].jpg
    Incpot borrowing my bike cover yesterday.
    I'm particularly proud of him, and we are very close, let me explain why.
    The very 1st time when I saw him walk through our gate he and I knew we had something special!
    He was born in Ireland, got to sales trials for registered racing (GBGB standards) but didn't make the grade and was nearly destroyed, saved just in time by a chap over from Scotland who was on a buying trip and brought back.
    He did a few races and showed potential at Gretna, but got side lined, and some how got in a hell of a state, bald back legs from laying in urine, flat coat, thin and a bald patch on his throat where he'd been on a running machine.
    He also had an injury to his right grasilis muscle (rear thigh), and was taken to another trainer for advise, who prompty confiscated him, lucky for me he didn't really have room to keep him so I took him in even though I wasn't really looking for another having just lost my CeeBee.
    I re-named him INCA, but that got to Inblob, Incsplodge and finally Incpot, which has stuck.
    He was also (cruelly) called Hitler, having only 1 ball, but that was soon dropped, the name that is, not the ball, thats still up there in his groin!
    Now, that should be the end of it, every body lives happy ever after, but no, Incpot has more lives than a cat!!!
    We now had 5 greys and a border collie, all got on but for 1, the biggest grey we ever had got to be a right bastard out, wanted to go for anything that moved, and got worse in doors too, until the end of May when he suddenly went for Incpot in a BIG way, sinking his teeth into Incs inner shoulder/chest muscle severing an artery, there was blood spurting every-where, I plugged it by putting my finger in the hole and blocking it, then the wife took over until I got us all too the vets.
    Cut a long story short, some how they saved him, ..............and relieved us of £640 quid!
    Sadly we had to have the grey PTS as he was now a dangerous dog.
    Incpot got better, but our border seemed to take Gaff's place, he got very nasty at even faces on the TV,
    but was walked out every day with Incpot every day, until 1 morning he just snapped while we were over the field opposite us and went for Incpot, he went absolutely mad!!
    He had us both on the floor, dragged us through a deep muddy puddle, the ripped into poor Inc's, I managed to separate them but the BC got out of his harness and tried to get to Incs soft part like a lion on a gazelle, trying to open him stomach up!
    It was the stuff of night-mares, I dont know where I got the strength from, but some how I got them seperated again, got my phone out and phoned home to get the wife over, who came and took the Border home!
    I layed with Inca on the ground for a minute or 2 to recover not knowing at this stage what damage had been done to him or me, his eyes were full of fright, we got up and found he had got off with about 7 or 8 big flesh wounds but nothing more serious, I say lucky because the Border had had more serious idea's he really was out to kill, no exaggerations!!
    I had a thick fleece on, his teeth had gone through that, and bit my arm in 2 places, a bite on both thumb nails both of which I will loose as they grow out.
    Obviously there was only 1 out-come for the Border, 1 way trip to the vets!
    When we came back we decided poor Inc needed more than we could do so back to the vets, where he had gaping holes in his chest, both sides, ear, front leg and very near to his last chest injury sown up, oh and another £470 vet bill!
    See what I mean when I say he's got more lives than a cat?
    Turns out the dog was a short haired Border cross STAFFY, no wonder the bites were so bad!!
    Incpots got better and fully recovered (again) now, with very little to see, but he and I are even closer, although he's very nervous of other dogs when we are out now, but he's very special, he knows I'd do the same again to protect him!!!!
    Hang on, aint it supposed to be the other way round?? Him look after me?
    I hope it never comes to the test again.

• Like Like x 4
  14. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Wow what a dogs life you've been having recently - don't envy you ANY of that. Anyway it sounds like Incpot is fully back to rude health so give him a hug from me would you?

15. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Will do Dave, he'll get an extra Bonio tonight.
    Here are couple of pictures soon after we got him.
    DSCF5482.JPG

DSCF5479.JPG

How do people get away with it?
    Been taking in ex-racers for best part of 30 years now, he was about the worst we've had, but now fully covered on his legs and tail, and put on weight and covered his ribs!
    You can clearly see the swelling to his right grasillis muscle
    The others I have ATM were all from 'respectable' trainers and in nothing like his condition, GBGB trainers know its a lot harder to get away with ill treatment, but the 'flapper's' (non regulated tracks/trainers) get away with some real atrocities!
    Most are o.k. but a few are not, dogs disappear with-out trace!
    Please support your local Greyhound Rescue if you see them on street collection, they do save and home thousands between them every year, better still GET YOURSELF ONE!
    I've had about 15 and only had 1 rogue, but you could get that with any breed (Inc Border Collies).
    Terry

16. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Poor little chap, to let be go like that. Good to know though that he's fine, fit and frollicking now !!!

17. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    He was truly a magnificent dog there mate - really handsome.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    image.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. GPT100

GPT100 Active Member

Sep 13, 2016
    East Durham Coast
    This is Nelly my Border Terrier pup, got her after Holly my old B,T passed away at 16 years old, ( still say hello to he every day, still got her ashes, can`t bear to scatter them.
    IMG_0336.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  20. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Cute little mite !!!