Our pets

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Red Thunder, Jun 23, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    So sorry for you Jez, I know from very recent experience that people telling you you did the right thing don't help, but you did!
    You 2 had a great time together, dwell on that, he was very lucky to get you and your family.
    RIP Dozer,

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Hi Mate,
    So sorry to hear the news that you lost your dog, we had to put ours to sleep back in October & it was heartbreaking, so can sympathise with how you will be feeling.
    Keep you chin up,
    Bill

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    So sorry to hear your sad news. A much valued & loved member of the family. RIP Dozer:broken_heart::broken_heart::sob:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Hack Driver

Hack Driver Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Denton, Maryland USA
    Sorry to hear this news. You may have already seen the following. I believe it's true, and always worth repeating in these circumstances.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  5. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Seems there are quite a few of us on here who've had to do the same thing Jez and it's never nice but we all know it's for the best. Almost a year since it was Lady Poppy and me doing the same so we feel for you.

RIP Dozer.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Gary_P

Gary_P Active Member

May 19, 2016
    North Yorkshire
    So very sorry to hear your sad news DD, it is a real hard time but you have many happy memories and know you gave hime a great life. Thoughts are with you pal.
    Best wishes.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Sorry to hear your sad news chiari.

Another dear loyal friend gone but never forgotten.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    #447 H.O., Apr 15, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    So sorry for your loss your best mate, I know its bloody hard, just think of all the good times together.

RIP DEI BACH

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Terrible news mate, As you say a loyal friend to the end and you gave him the love and care for 16yrs to make that happen.
    Really feel for your loss but he had a great life thanks to you all, R I P - DEI BACH :heart:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Hack Driver

Hack Driver Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Denton, Maryland USA
    Sorry to hear that you lost your best friend.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Chiari, I was just catching up when I saw your very sad news. Dogs are beautiful companions, they just don't live long enough :heart:

RIP Dei Bach - you are very much loved :heart::heart::heart::heart:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Sorry to hear your sad news chairi1

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Gary_P

Gary_P Active Member

May 19, 2016
    North Yorkshire
    Really sorry to hear your sad news Chiari, it is really tough losing your best mate. Take some comfort from all the great memories and love you shared together. Best wishes.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    So sorry to hear your news :weary_face:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Sad to hear your news, its never easy when a pet goes!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    MORE BAD NEWS GUYS,
    So around 2pm today I replied to Chair's bad news the loss of his faithful friend,
    Then sun was shining I went out for a local run on my bike only to be called home by my wife saying somethings not right with jess, On rushing home very quick I find her fitting,(as I know now) rush her to emergency vets only to be told its best if we let her go as she is suffering, which we did so around 16.30 today we lost our Beautiful Girl,
    Yesterday she was hunting imaginary rabbits. today all was as normal then this all of a sudden.
    She was diagnosed with Diabetes in April 2017 since then we gave injections morning and night without any problems blood levels all ok, She then in Sept 2017 because of Diabetes developed cataracts and went blind. Oct 2017 double cataract operation (£3,900) gave her sight back again, since then all good and then this.
    Were absolutely devastated, so much so dont know how I'm writing this lot but I think it will help to share things,
    We had 9.5 years of pleasure with her for that we are forever grateful but it bloody hurts right now.
    Don't think I can add anything more to this other than love every day you have with your pets.
    CHEERS ALL
    PS - We asked if she was fitting because of her diabetes - a diabetic fit ? he was not completely sure if she may have had an underlying condition or even a brain tumour !!
    DSC_0265.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    So sorry to hear both your news @chiari1 and @TEZ 217 really is heart breaking but you guys gave them a great life and I bet you will have a lot of memories of your pals

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    This is really sad, so sorry for your loss.
    They are truly members of the family, each with their own unique character. We belong to them as much as they belong to us, never forget them, cherish the memories, the good and the mischievous ones.
    When a dog passes, they can't be replaced but that doesn't mean another dog can't share your life as well alongside them.
    My eyes are actually hurting now...so I'm gonna find my furry companion and give her an extra fuss

19. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

So sad to hear this Tez
    Thoughts are with you mate

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    So so sorry from a very watery eyed fellow biker / pet owner

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hello Tez, blimey it's happening everywhere. Very, very sorry to hear about Jess - she looked such a sweetie.

RIP Jess.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  22. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    What a little Beauty Mulan is. not inapropriate at all Jez I'm sure she'll find a home without much trouble. :)

• Like Like x 2