Our pets

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Red Thunder, Jun 23, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    it's a "Piece" as in a piece of bread ..not a sandwich of bread:p

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    a sandwich is usually 2 "Pieces" of bread;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    TBH DD, Buster is quite scared of the cat!:confused:;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Because folk buy them as status symbols without any real idea how to look after them and what they need all round as well as exercise and general health.
    Mostly makes them look HARD.(or so they think)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. StrippleMont

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Mine looks after me...... he is always nagging "lets go for a walk, its good exercise for you woof woof!":D:D:D;)

• Like Like x 2
  6. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    The blood bank idea has been around for some time, again our vet friend invited us to sign up in the early 90's but not many vets actually do it, although I think its a good idea, we have Inca prepared to donate although he dont know it yet, and in a few months or so Bonnie's name could go forward if I can find a vet in the area that joined the scheme.
    Why are there so many Bull type dogs in homes?
    Because there are too many idiots breeding them for the money, buying them to look tough and loosing interest when they find they cost money to keep out of the benefits, or not taking their bitches to get spayed and getting caught!
    You will find its usually Staffies or crosses that get dumped.
    The ones that goe to homing centres are the lucky ones!
    In some area's like Cambridge/fens and the North East the problem is the same for lurchers, the travelling community abandon them when illegally coursing and illegal racing betting.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    HOO YOO GET YASELL UP YA SOFT TWA& WE NEED SOME FRESH AIR AND EXERCISE
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. StrippleMont

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Not working very well then?:kissing_heart:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  9. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Went for a walk this morning, slept all afternoon, had dinner, been asleep since 7, now 9 pm. Wil go to bed at 11 & sleep all night til 8am & repeat. God it's a tough life!

IMG_0552.JPG

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Tother ones no different!

IMG_0554.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    We've been for a haircut :)

IMG_0555.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  12. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
  13. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    You are absolutely right. Cross the line. No dinner! Who said you cannot train Cavalier King Charles Spaniels?

14. StrippleMont

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    They wouldn't have slept so well last night (#547,#549), if they knew that was coming Ken!:zzz::zzz:;)

15. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    It's all been too much!

IMG_0556.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  16. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    up early this morning for a long walk with Mickey & Archie
    P1000112_edited-5.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  17. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Love them Dougie, thats Bonnie in a few months!
    Talking of Bonnie, in less than a week she was house trained, she now sits at the back door to ask to go out, and she goes most of the night too!
    Which gives me an idea, ........what to do with about 26 puppy training pads!
    The B&M ones measure 2'x2', ideal for putting in front of a de-frosting fridge/freezer, or putting under a bike or car with an oil leak, or under the bike when doing an oil change to catch the drips.
    At less than £4 for 30 that's a bargain I think with so many other uses too no doubt!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    you've probably got loads of dog collars,but i decided to buy Archie a harness as every time i put his lead on he would be that excited and jump up and down like he's never been a walk in his life! and i was worried that he would break his neck,so when i saw a dog with a Julius K9 harness on i thought that would be ideal,had a look on their web site and they have a sale on at the moment,i got Archie a size medium which is a size 0. their is a measurement guide which is handy,they seem a really sturdy quality harness
    https://julius-k9.co.uk/dog-harness/k9-powerharness/

• Useful Useful x 2
  19. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    They look quite sturdy Dougie.
    We had a harness for our border/staffie, my Mrs swore by it, I swore at it after the little bastard backed up out of it while on a walk with Incpot and attacked him!
    He just put both front legs forward and slid out backwards, so if I had one again I'd still use a lead/collar, although he still had a halter on and a short chain from his house colar to the harness and he got out of that too!
    Fecking Houdini dog!
    Also, I found I have better control over them all using the collar/lead than I did with the harness attachment point too far past their shoulders and trying to steer them from half way down their back when they are pulling.
    Gone back to collars permanently now.

20. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I would say the K9 ones would be impossible to wriggle out off as they go over the head and there is a sturdy clip that goes around the body.I've also found that Archie does not pull near as much when he is wearing it..he only has it on for 5 mins or so until I get to the fields

21. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    You cannot do much better for control than a Halti. Idiots you meet in the park think it's a muzzle and scurry away (good riddance) but our Goldie was a little so and so for Lady Poppy sometimes but with a Halti was no problem. With leads and harnesses a dog can lean their full weight against them and take the strain on their shoulders - their strongest area, but the Halti puts this pressure up to their muzzle which is way more sensitive and they're less inclined to muck about. A warning tug was all it took to remind our sometimes rebellious fluffy one of who was in charge.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1