Our pets

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Red Thunder, Jun 23, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Foxy

Foxy Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Sheffield
    Yes mate, all 3 of em are.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Foxy

Foxy Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Sheffield
    costs a fortune in tranquiliser.......................

s7 772.JPG

s7 109.jpg

s7 789.JPG

s7 824.JPG

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. BritMickUSA

BritMickUSA Banned

Jan 12, 2018
    USA
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. BritMickUSA

BritMickUSA Banned

Jan 12, 2018
    USA
    We just had a little covering of snow, but that doesn't stop my little buddy writing his name in green in it!!!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  5. Jerry Winder

Jerry Winder Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2017
    Brecon Beacons
    These are our gorgeous basset hounds Molly and Sherlock. Love them to bits.

Hounds1.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  6. Jerry Winder

Jerry Winder Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2017
    Brecon Beacons
    This is Jake and Elwood doing their best Krays impression. Sadly we lost Jake in November.

Kray cats.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  7. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Buster and Peanut 20170827_100913[1].jpg Why do cats always move when you take the photo?

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Cracking picture jerry, sorry to hear you lost jake :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    This is cats and dogs being best of buddies :)

DB144D96-71B2-4527-B650-EA9ACC701DD5.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  10. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Because they are not purrfect o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Now, these jags!
    Following along the guide-lines given by a vet friend of ours some 30+ years ago he advised that all dogs have the first course of jags and the 1st year one, then, as he put it, if you want to keep subsidizing his holidays and potentially kill your dog, go for the yearly boosters after that.
    Would you give an ANNUAL MMR to your kids?
    It seems we are over inoculating our animals because its good for business!
    I've been reading up on this, Parvo was actually 'invented' by the drugs company by using dead cats liver with leptosperocis to make a vacine for something else, parvo did not exist before the mid 70's!
    All the ingredients for the first jags will last atleast 3-7 years if not the life time of the dog or cat!
    Its better to get a TITRE test, a blood test that breaks down perhaps a thousand times to read the measurement of anti bodies in the blood, most dogs will prove they have the anti bodes well into mid-long age, and over injecting can actually cause harm, cancers etc.
    But you try to find a vet that will even discuss it let along offer the test, I bet most clients have not heard of it let alone been offered it.
    Even by having the jags some dogs are still not imune, they have a natural blocker to imunzation, but you would not know this with-out the test a year or so after the jag.
    Bonnie will have her first courser then I will seriously consider what next, when you think, all this legislation forcing you to have them for kenneling, pet passport etc, and you could actually be doing more harm than good, and this goes for kennell cough etc too.
    The tests should cost about the same as boosters, I'd rather pay that and then again for a jag if the test shows its needed, rather than risk my dog's health.
    Having said all this, not continuing the jags is not a good reason for missing your dogs annual MOT it gets when he would go for his jab, I still would not miss that check up.
    And DEFINITELY have the first course and 1st year booster.
    What do you think?
    Read it up on line, TITRE TEST, dog immunization etc.
    Terry

• Useful Useful x 2
  12. Foxy

Foxy Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Sheffield
    Hi Terry, when you put "jag", do you mean jab?

13. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    In the industry they are called 'Jags', I prefer the motorised version though!

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    #374 TEZ 217, Feb 6, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    I've never heard this before Terry, my dog (9yrs) had her first jabs as a pup and I bought an offer available at the time(still is I think) from Vets4pets 99 pound covers yearly boosters and check ups for life,
    She's been every year since then for her check up and booster, ok they try to sell you wormer and flea treatment but I haven't ever bought from them as I do my own and that's never been a problem for them, there always happy to check her over take her weight add injection stickers to her health record and say see you next year. (they've actually had no extra money from myself for this in the full nine years so far)
    I cannot imagine they would do this for nine years without the need too. IMHO
    Cant say I've had or indeed my dog had any issues caused by yearly booster in nine years but suppose everyone is different,

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Look into it on line, 'how long do dog inoculations last' you may be surprised what comes up!
    As I say, I was alerted to it mid 90's by a vet who has his own practice!
    Seems like it is coming more to the suface now!
    In my 'research' I've come across accounts of a few dogs going into anaphalactic shop and even dying after jags, but it seems very rare, there's always a small risk of reaction in any animal or humans to medication so I take them with a pinch of salt, but some of the other accounts are alarming to say the least.
    It can be found in some of the accounts some of the manufacturing companies have paid out of court settlements rather than be exposed to the truth too.
    All my dogs have had the first course + 1st year and had good lives except for 2 greys who had a rare liver condition which was more likely down to the side effects of 'racing meds' if you know what I mean.

16. Foxy

Foxy Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Sheffield
    I've had dogs all mi life, and only ever had the initial jabs, and the 1st year booster. They've all been fine, my two current dogs are 8 and 6, and my last one, a Jack Russell, lived to 17.5.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i've always called injections a jag..never a jab..is that not what boxers do to each other:confused:

18. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    That's a good point DD makes as far as your insurance is concerned pets health record has to be up to date !!!

Its like anything else to be honest Terry were all guinea pigs to some extent even our pets (yes I know guinea pigs are pets lol )
    when you look at our human inoculation record and the damage its caused it brings shivers to your spine, therefore should we be surprised !!!! its always going to be a personal choice .

19. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    guess it's because we're Scottish:p

• Like Like x 1
  20. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Nail on head Jez, same for pet passport & holidaying kennels, now another money spinner is this chipping malarky, yes, I agree in principle even to the extent that all my dogs have been chipped by us when we first got them, but now the breeder has to chip them, at a cost THEN the new owner has to register the pup in there name and PAY AGAIN!!
    Supposedly keeps track on breeders and all dogs get chipped, BOLLOCKS, no it dont because we just got Bonnie with no chip or inoculations, the 'breeder' said his vet said 8-10 weeks, again bollocks because the new law say they must be chipped BY 8 weeks, so that worked well then!
    Got her done on Saturday and her jags for £70 + 5p for a facking bag to put all their gumf in at Vets4Pets.
    Not the jags for life though she will go back each year for a check up.
    The new vaccines are a 3 course jag too, 1, then 2 weeks later then another, a week after before she can go out then another week later for the last injection, so its a 6 week course now.

• Like Like x 1