Open Face Helmet Opinions

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by SleepyOwl, Aug 2, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. GaleForceEight

GaleForceEight Noble Member

Nov 1, 2017
    Southend
    #61 GaleForceEight, Mar 14, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
    Ultimately it is dealer's choice. Bikes are about freedom and choice. Make your own decisions and come home safe.

My own perspective:

I have had enough surgery due to (non biking) incidents to not fancy adding my jaw and teeth to the list.

I have a BMW system 6 modular helmet (which is basically a Schuberth). The flip front is really useful, but it is down and locked before I move off. Likewise with the Held modular helmet I was donated. (From an instructor who was issued a new one just before he retired from instructing and didn't want to break it in, so it came with comms etc!).

On one of the shooting forums a lad was regaling us with a.story about a girl he was at school with. She was the 'looker' in his year. He posted what she looked like after a 5mph spill and faceplanted the kerb.

As people have said... You don't need it until you need it. I want my teeth for chewing, not to wear as a necklace!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    You’ve probably read the whole thread but I’ll say again than the shoei hawker is a great helmet, light and doesn’t tend to ride up. If you want versatility try a shark evo 3, the chin guard flips right round to the back, the only drawback being that it unbalances the helmet a bit but I only use this mode when trickling through traffic on a hot day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1