Oops... Time For Repair...

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Arno triple, May 31, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Baben

Baben Active Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Watton
    Glad you are ok. If this was a left hander (or a right hander in Holland) and you ran wide you were very lucky nothing was coming the other way! It is a common cause of fatals. The hedge stuffing routine is known as a temporary failure of talent round my way. It is why I ride like a wobbly old fart as my talent is pretty limited to start with and I cannot afford a temporary loss!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Arno triple

Arno triple Senior Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Netherlands
    Okay, update:
    Spoke to the dealer, he thinks it’s total. So do I, seen it again this morning. Just have to wait for the expert for final decision, he should visit this week.
    Keep u posted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Baben

Baben Active Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Watton
    :sweat:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. SteveRS

SteveRS First Class Member

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Awe that’s too bad man :pensive:. Again, at least you’re ok. Last year my brother had an off in a bend when we were out on an all day ride. He said he lost the back end and by the time he got it straight it was to late and he was in the ditch. By the time I got back to him I found him laying in the ditch with his knee completely dislocated and one wrist badly broken. Unfortunately this kind of sh!t happens, order up the replacement bike and get out riding again. Life’s too short.

5. Arno triple

Aug 26, 2018
    Netherlands
    Although the expert hasn’t told me (jet) that my speedy is total, I just couldn’t wait any longer and taking the risk that color Matt black (2018) wasn’t available anymore.... so....

NEW BIKE ORDERED TODAY!!! :party::blush:

Me one happy puppy!! Pics will follow of course.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Did you wear one of these? :cool::p:Do_O
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Arno triple

Aug 26, 2018
    Netherlands
    One night to go!!!

Dealer called today, new speedy is ready for pickup! Insurance has paid me, as well as the buyer of the remains, so financially covered. Can’t wait to get on and ride!

Ps:
    Please be aware of the company who bought my bike, km has been reduced.. used to be 6800 km, but website mentions 5200.
    https://www.boonstramotoren.nl/nl/motoren/

• Like Like x 2
  8. Arno triple

Aug 26, 2018
    Netherlands
    A bit warm today.... but nevertheless me’s one happy puppy!!

6E1211EF-6A7C-45DA-88D8-A2B6DC9B093D.jpeg

A1D20316-38A3-4F7B-BD43-B04FCCC8F2FA.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  9. SteveRS

SteveRS First Class Member

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Very nice, congrats! I spot five mods as well :cool:. On a serious note, with all the issues with our quickshifters, I would recommend disabling it until the issue is fully resolved. I have the new arm and mine is still an issue. My dealer is now working with Triumph UK to try to figure it out. I believe it’s the quickshifter it’s self. Some are good and some are not. I’ve had two that have been shite. It’s not worth finding out which one you have. Anyway, congrats on the new bike and ride safe.

10. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    Ffs dont break this one..... or my insurance will double next year! :mad::joy::joy:

Good on ya matey..... glad ya got sorted.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Arno triple

Aug 26, 2018
    Netherlands
    LMFAO, I’ll do my best to keep it together. my former insurance has increased with € 350,-, AND prescribed an alarm system. :broken_heart:

Bye bye insurance company! Found another one, 3 years replacement value, included clothing, helmet and accessories. Max 12k km per year, so seems fine!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Arno triple

Aug 26, 2018
    Netherlands
    Cheers! With all issues around quickshifter I didn’t order it, so I’ll be fine. First mods already done... Lower chain guard replaced by carbon one, and re-located TomTom. next up: lose the orange reflectors on fore-fork ;)

• Like Like x 3
  13. RokitJon

RokitJon Active Member

Nov 11, 2018
    North Florida
    When I was younger riding a 72 RD350, 79 XS750 and a Suzuki GS750 I never had any problems in corners. I'd ride the hell out of them. Now that I'm older I and haven't ridden for 15 yrs I don't know if I've lost my touch or the '97 T509 doesn't like to fall into corners. Is this a Triumph thing or what?

14. Arno triple

Aug 26, 2018
    Netherlands
    Nope, must be an age thing.. ;)

Seriously: RS steers razor sharp, only limit in this is me as a driver.

• Like Like x 1