Featured Ongoing Mods

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by TonyG, Feb 11, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    One of the main reasons I bought a Bonnie was to have something I could mod a bit. I'm not talented enough to do a build, so am restricted to bolt ons, but that still leaves endless options.

To date:
    Tec Tracker exhaust - seems to divide opinion, but I am very pleased with mine, only minor niggle is the baffle rattles slightly, but I've fixed that now.
    Tec Petrol cap and oil filler - much better than the useless Triumph originals. I decided to polish off the anodising on the petrol cap because it had an annoying little blemish, which was a right pain to do manually, but I like the end result.
    LSL superbike low bars - one of the best changes I made
    YSS rear shocks - definite improvement
    Replacement indicators and headlight stone guard. Indicators look much better, but have an annoying wobble when on the move. Stone guard came with impossible to use brackets, so ended up lockwiring it.
    Oberon bar end mirrors - surprisingly effective and much better looking.
    AI and O2 sensors removed, K&N air filter, and dyna tuned with a custom map - didn't make as much difference as I expected, but nice and crisp throughout.

Problem is, it never stops! I'm still actively still looking for more ways to waste my wages. I was going to put a tail tidy on, but want to retain the practicality of the mudguard, and I think I'm possibly the only person who doesn't find the stock seat that bad. Mind you, coming up to the 12000 mile service, I'm happy to do the usual servicing, but not the valve clearances, so that will use up this year's budget.

SAM_0701.JPG

SAM_0704.JPG

• Like Like x 10
  2. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    I find the standard seat on my Bonneville a bit hard and uncomfortable too to be honest, but when we went to Spain on it last summer there was so much on my mind the seat went completely out of mind and I never considered it at all, surprising that I thought, on reflection!

Curly

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Nice looking bike m8 welldone

4. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Heres my old wreck finally finished a year on and a heap load of cash

IMG_6060.JPG

IMG_6056.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  5. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
  6. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Hiya Rudeboy
    Nice job mate and the best colour BLACK :cool:
    Noticed you’ve got Progressive shocks fitted :)
    Been looking at these for my Speedmaster :)
    Did you fit them?and if so what do you think of them?
    The pair I’m looking at are £290 from Maverick customs

7. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Had the same problem when I tried to fit a headlamp guard to my old T100 - the clips supplied were useless so did same as you.
    I don't mind the stock seat and have kept the rear mudguard (for now!)
    Got some cosmetic bargains from ebay including a better filler cap and black throttle body caps.
    How about getting rid of those plastic fork guards and fitting some proper gaiters?
    I also got rid of the stock headlamp bracket for a cleaner look with the ones from TEC bike parts. :cool:
    20180117_111143.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  8. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Yes I put them on got lucky with these eBay £60 used and I love them worth every penny after buying the bike and riding around 40 miles gone first thing I did was take the originals off may as well not of had any springs on there at all with the standards rock hard would jolt your back and pole vault you out the seat on any bump

• Like Like x 2
  9. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Cheers mate
    Now the hunt is on :confused:to see the best price I can find :p

• Like Like x 1
  10. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    I’ve fitted a tail tidy on my scrambler and just put an extension on the numberplate...it’s black and had a reflector on it and imo you barely notice it but it keeps the standing water off my back!!!!

11. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    PHOTOS!!!

12. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    Haha I’m away on a course atm but will do once I’m back!!

13. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Some people are into there hagons and Ohlins the YSS kit dont look all bad either I loved the chrome style look about them and just took a gamble i did not realise quite how expensive they are at the time im around 17 stone (fat bloke) and these are the 412 13 inch for the bonny SE and springs not heavy duty ones the standard Bonny runs 13.5 standard lenght not sure what you got I just used a tape measure ,ive rode on them many miles now and they soak up the bumps lovely got them on position 3 cant fault them for the nice smooth ride they deliver heres there usa site link hope this helps a bit

https://www.progressivesuspension.com/product/1408/412-series-shocks

14. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Cheers mate
    Still looking at these and also YSS
    Decisions decisions :confused:

15. Andy-K2

Andy-K2 Knowledge is power for which I have neither!

Apr 26, 2017
    Bristol UK
    There is the cheaper version of the YSS at around £140.00 for the pair which I have the piggyback style fitted, may I suggest you look for the more expensive ones and leave the ones I have alone. I regret the purchase and looking like you for an upgrade, who knows we may be bidding against each other however I'm skint at the mo so best wishes on your hunt.:)

16. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Bugger:poop::confused:
    I’ve just ordered YSS shocks today :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Dilli, make sure you put your glasses on before you hit the "buy" button, they may be cheaper elsewhere........................... Whoops too late!:D:D:D;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1