Featured On My Way!

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by crispey, Jul 17, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    IMG_2927.JPG Last leg went in search and found an old pool I swam in as a nipper in glen fruin
    FullSizeRender.jpg then along Loch Lomond IMG_2953.JPG to the a82 to glencoe, every time I rounded a bend I swore!! The scenery is stunning.
    IMG_2962.JPG FullSizeRender.jpg down to oban, jeez tourists, oh hang on that's me,
    IMG_2991.JPG then along to Tayvallich for tea and peace as recommended by mr O FullSizeRender.jpg then pub for the night!
    8 hours to Bellingham tomorrow so early night!!

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i bet finding the pool brought back a lot of happy memories for you:) glad the weathers seems to be fine for you and your'e getting to enjoy some of our roads without any rain;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Been so lucky so far, all the rain has been overnight, I'd just got the bike unpacked and got myself into my room this evening when the heavens opened, sadly I fear my luck won't last!

4. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

upload_2017-7-20_20-42-54.jpeg

I have the same photo as that, except I went for the soup !! Easily wins 'Cafe with best view in the world' Award.

upload_2017-7-20_20-44-10.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    loads of tea rooms with stunning views on the west of Scotland..this is one of my favourites in Plockton
    plocton-harbour-by-jim.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  6. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Spent my Honeymoon in Plockton! Great wee place.

7. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I'm a romantic i got married on a Monday holiday and back to work on the Tuesday:D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Is she dutch !

• Like Like x 1
  9. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Me and crispey at Bellingham 20170721_174019.jpg
    We appear to be at a monastery! 20170721_134405.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Just read something funny about that monestry ye visited. David bowie was a student of Buddhism there in 1969 ,! He wrote this about it. I was terribly earnest about Buddhism at the time. I was staying at their monestry and was doing all the exams and yet I had a feeling it wasn't for me, I suddenly realised how close it all was another month and my head would have been shaved !! ,lol xx

• Like Like x 2
  11. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    #30 crispey, Jul 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    Well I left lochgilpead at 6 in an effort to join the guys and gal at Dumfries to enjoy their company for the final leg of my journey!
    IMG_3020.JPG
    IMG_3019.JPG
    Stunning ride round Loch fyne and only had a 5 minute wait for the ferry
    IMG_3023.JPG
    IMG_3025.JPG
    Had my first bit of rain that turned steadily heavier the nearer I got to Dumfries but still managed some stunning roads and scenery, no photos I'm afraid, refusing to take the easy motorway option!
    Got to Dumfries almost an hour early. Everyone there on time apart from the main man, who lives 15 mins away!! Mrs O had baked a cake was the reason! Fair do's!
    IMG_3026.JPG
    Headed off and once again Ron showed us some cracking roads and scenery, tried to convert us all to Buddhism
    IMG_3027.JPG then went for tea!
    IMG_3044.JPG
    Soggy ride over to Bellingham
    IMG_3049.JPG
    where I'm pleased to say everyone arrived safely! Job done!!

• Like Like x 8
  12. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Nice picture take of the group crispey

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Did you notice Eric it was taken outside the toilets :eek::mask:

Maybe a few of the old ones have slack bladders :p:)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Some of us were also parked in a disabled space! ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Biker Jock

Biker Jock Senior Member

Nov 16, 2014
    Sorry if we spoil your fun, but it's not illegal to be out cycling on the public highways. To be fair, I've never had a close call with a fellow biker while out cycling - they are usually pretty good. It is now recommended practice to cycle two-abreast (or take a dominant position on the road, if alone), in order to prevent idiot drivers squeezing past too close between oncoming vehicles and cyclists. I still tend to ride close to the left, but almost every trip, a car/van/lorry puts my life at risk by skimming past way too close. But I won't be bullied off the road.

Sorry to jump on this thread, but I had to respond (I feel better now).

16. Biker Jock

Biker Jock Senior Member

Nov 16, 2014
    Some great roads around the Scottish borders area. Dumfries and Galloway is an area I'd love to explore on the Tiger 800.

17. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Not saying it's illegal or that they shouldn't be out on the roads - I also cycle myself. I was refer to the dickheads who squeeze into lycra and behave as if they have a right to ignore the rules of the road. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    \
    Its not bullied (if I may) its disbelief, or inability to comprehend one would put ones self in such an extremely perilous position, for rider and driver, by choice,The response therefore is emotional and so seems like anger, and is interpreted as bulling. Having the right does not mean its safe.Its not, Your are extremely vulnerable, in a place where you are unexpected, (to a large degree) and surrounded by fast ,heavy ,objects full of inertia. Your lack of fear for yourself or others ( if I kill you you change my life forever, dont underestimate that effect, imagine for a second you knock over a pedestrian) boggles my mind. Thank you in advance for reading my side.:)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

I did move, honestly.

• Like Like x 2
  20. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Mate! Doesn't matter who they are anyone coming down hill 2 abreast into a blind corner should have their heads examined, just so happened these were cyclists. Guess I'm lucky the weren't horse riders going the other way as who knows where my head would have ended up!
    Also it's my little trip up north thread so let's keep me as the centre of attention':p

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
  21. Biker Jock

Biker Jock Senior Member

Nov 16, 2014
    #40 Biker Jock, Jul 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    I apologise for jumping on your thread, Crispey. I should have created a new thread. Are you saying the cyclist were on the wrong side of the road "coming downhill 2 abreast"? In which case, that is complete madness. Anyway, sorry for the rude interruption to your trip report.

• Like Like x 1