Oil Weep And Blowing Fuses?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by TrophyMan2, Oct 5, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. TrophyMan2

TrophyMan2 New Member

Mar 16, 2016
    uk
    Well went for the 08 EFi Bonnie and overall very happy and have covered just over 1k so far and couple of issues have appeared and I'm wondering are they common and if so couldn't find them on the search option.
    1. Rocker cover weeps oil on left hand side, bolts are torqued correctly and new gasket installed.
    2. About 4 weeks ago a 10amp fuse blew for the ignition, thought it was one of those things, however today I just about got home but it took 4 fuses. I'll be checking all connectors, but could it be a reg/rec issue I felt it each time and it wasn't hot or anything.

Any comments appreciated.

2. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Rocker cover weep is curable with careful cleaning of the existing gasket, if undamaged, and REPLACEMENT of the compressible bolt seals - they assure correct pressure. The merest smear of RTV silicone for engines will provide belt and braces. Give it 10 mins to skin before booting up. Torque the bolts to 10nm.
    Electrical gremlins smack of a short somewhere.

• Useful Useful x 1