Rocket Oil Leak 2020 Rocket

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by dilligaf, Jul 10, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Reckon you might have Cerberus then @dilligaf

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Steveooo

Steveooo New Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Grimsby
    Yes it does!!!!

3. Steveooo

Steveooo New Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Grimsby
    @dilligaf is he called Graham??

4. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Yep

5. Steveooo

Steveooo New Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Grimsby
    Thanks for that guys,Kevin at triumph Newcastle is in for a big shock tomorrow morning!!
    Still could do with confirmation of reg tho, if you can help with this. Cheers

6. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    If Dilli hasn't seen your queery, have a look at the Cerberus threads via the 'search forums' bottom right of the Triumphforum banner above.

• Like Like x 1
  7. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Hi steve :)
    Sorry I haven’t answered sooner mate but I spotted all this as I was going to bed last night :zzz:
    I can confirm that the reg number you gave me in your PM is indeed the very bike that I traded in to Triumph Newcastle :)
    I don’t want to be a sort of piggy in the middle with this and I’m sure it’s just a minor teething problem with these bikes :confused:
    What I can say is that I’ve been dealing with Triumph Newcastle for a number of years now and find all the staff very helpful and will do their utmost to resolve any concerns you may have :)
    Obviously the bike will still be in warranty so get in touch with Kevin and I’m sure it’ll be sorted out to a satisfactory conclusion :)
    Now I have a question for you :confused:
    How did you know my name is Graham?:confused:
    Do I know you?:eek::)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Steveooo

Steveooo New Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Grimsby
    Hi mate thanks for getting back to me,no I don't know you. It was in a conversation with Kevin n Eric on the day I collected the bike that you were mentioned!
    Can you tell me please as a matter of curiosities the date when you noticed that the rocket was leaking oil,because I'm not happy that the guys didn't bring it to my attention.
    I've since taken it to my local triumph dealer in Lincoln where they looked at it. The brass crush washer on that bolt was replaced but it didn't work, still leaked!!!
    They've been in touch with Hinckley and there saying it's a transmission case fault that's causing the leaking. What was said to you,if you don't mind me asking?

9. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

I was told that it was the washer at fault and was a known issue :confused:
    If Hinckley are now saying it’s the transmission case that’s at fault then that’s a whole new problem that I didn’t know about and doubt that even the dealers knew about as the rockets had only been out a few months :confused:
    If it was still my bike I would take it back or get it picked up for warranty repair :)
    If it’s happening a lot then Hinckley should be on it like a shot :mad:
    This is their flagship model and I’m sure they’ll want it sorted sooner rather than later :confused:
    New bike teething problems are not exclusive to Triumph :confused:
    It’s an absolutely fantastic bike and I hope that you get it sorted and have many miles/years of ownership :cool:
    Good luck mate and keep us posted with your progress :)

• Like Like x 4
  10. Steveooo

Steveooo New Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Grimsby
    Cheers Mate for putting some clarity on that.
    It is going in for a warranty repair at the end of the month so hopefully, fingers crossed it will get sorted!!
    Also the wonky triumph logo on the pillion seat is going to be sorted,although personally I think it's stands it apart from other rockets!!!
    Thanks for giving me your time and I'll keep you informed on the progress of the repair.
    Take it easy out there buddy. Cheers.

• Like Like x 4
  11. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

You any further forward with this mate :)

12. Steveooo

Steveooo New Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Grimsby
    Yes mate,Cerberus is going into triumph in Lincoln next Saturday for warranty repair. Should be about 2 weeks getting done. I'll let you know the outcome when I get him back, hopefully it will have been resolved!!

• Like Like x 4
  13. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Champion :)
    Hope it works out for you as CERBERUS :cool: is a fantastic bike and deserves to be used :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    Norbert is missing him dilli, he said he'll wait for your shoulders to be sorted before he gets ya. :broken_heart::scream::joy::joy:

IMG_20200528_131801__01.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Do you still have to pay to park a bike in Helmsley market place? Seem to remember that they issue 2-part parking tickets for bikes - one for the bike and another one to take with you to prove you bought the one that gets nicked off the bike!:rolleyes:

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Steveooo

Steveooo New Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Grimsby
    Oh I'm using him that's for sure, been out on him every wkend. Just have to put a big boy tampon on Him where the oil seeps out Discretely of course !!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Any joy with the leak mate - its being reported now on R3owners.net?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. stollydriver

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    In the USA - they are splitting engine and sending trans case to epoxy line hence stop leak. Must say its giving me the jitters - constantly checking that area.

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    What areas need checking stolly? Thought it was just a bolt o_O

20. stollydriver

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Looks like the bolt - but apparently its the trans casing on some that are porous.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1