Ohlin's Front End Speed Twin

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Lessaint, Feb 15, 2020 at 4:30 AM.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Lessaint

Lessaint Well-Known Member
    Subscriber

Jan 14, 2019
    Sherwood Forest North Notts
    Has anyone fitted a different front end Showa Ohlin's or other, I'm no Foggy i just like my bikes to have a bit of a twist from OEM, the Ohlin's rear shocks go on today, pictures later.

2. Lessaint

Subscriber

Jan 14, 2019
    I have started the process of changing the front end on the ST

new front end 1.jpg

front end 2.jpg

front end 3.jpg

front end 4.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  3. Vanguard

Vanguard New Member

Aug 1, 2019
    UK
    I have K-Tech front and rear on my bike, the difference in front end feel is profound

4. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member
    Subscriber

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Best money you can spend on a bike is on the suspension, especially versus engine mods, be fast everywhere, not just down the straights ;).

Looks like the forks are used, what are they off of? are you getting them serviced before they go in? Just makes sense to do it ahead of fitting them IMHO. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lessaint

Subscriber

Jan 14, 2019
    Bad Billy, they are of a 2016 Speed Triple "R" (ABS), I will be changing the oil (Ohlin's or Putoline) and checking the internals prior to fitting them, i just need some radial callipers now, i made a pair of yokes to fit Ohlin's from a Tuono for my track day 954 blade, see attached PDF

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member
    Subscriber

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Well looks like you know your onions! (Ohlins :)) , did you design those yokes? All well beyond what I could do, I am just a ham-fisted garage mechanic with zero engineering skills! :eek:

Good luck with the radial callipers, I imagine they are as rare as rocking horse poo second hand & likely to cost a bit too. :cool:

7. Lessaint

Subscriber

Jan 14, 2019
    yes i drew them up, you don't need to design much as you have to stay within the PCD/C-lines of the fork and spindle apertures, then you can decide the profile of them within those parameters, mine look a bit chunky i could of got away with less metal/billet but i like to over engineer when it comes to my bikes

• Like Like x 2