Oh Dear Binned It!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Bad Billy, Aug 9, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Not a bad result in the end then mate, glad it's all sorted now, hope your knee etc are back to normal now too. All the best for the prostocks, I'm sure you'll have a hoot, will hopefully be at Castle combe to cheer you on.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Bad Billy.
    Think you got a real fair deal. And its great you are getting back there. Yes do keep us all in the know about your racing. You know it can be really addictive aswel. But good luck and we will all be routing for you to do well and get back strong and fit again. You know I still get butterflies on some left handers years after my spill well one of my spills. My partner even though she says she doesn't worries sick if I am late home from work..
    Ride Free
    Joe

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Cheers Joe,
    Thumb still playing up a bit but I am sure it will be fine for next season.
    Crashing can knock confidence if you let it, I have been lucky not to be affected by previous crashes, but we'll see when I get back on the bike.
    My missus is glad I won't be riding on the road but is a bit nervous about the racing, I told her that it is safer than the road, nothing coming the other way etc, and if you do come off there is a whole medical team right there at track side ready to help.
    I am sure the butterflies will be there before a race, used to get them when I raced in Motocross so can't see this will be any different.
    I don't have any great expectations with the racing, just wanted to give it a go before I am too old!

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Thanks Dave, I have already joined the Prostocks Racing Club, got to go to Three Sisters race track in Lancs to do my ACU licence CTC (this is now compulsory training before you get your race licence). Trouble is there aren't many of these courses now as season nearly over, I want to be able to race the first round at Brands in March next year so just want it done.
    Looking forward to the new season, I am hoping there will be a round at Thruxton next year as that is on my doorstep, be good to see you at Castle Combe again, it is a great meeting there with plenty going on and big crowds for a clubman meeting.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Bad Billy.
    If it's any consolation to your wife. I have seen my boy come of in some horrific spills. Most he got up and walked away kicking his bike. A couple he sustained injuries and the marshals were fantastic the medics second to none and caring. You boy's wonder why people like me have white hair. Well you now have the answer. I watch him go round those tracks like a nutter at ungodly speeds sparks coming from his knee pads and all I want to be is sick and my heart actually hurts. But I know you are right no pillock speeding the other way and only grass or gravel to roll on to. But those who love you will always worry

DSC_5171[545].JPG

image1[1053].JPG

• Like Like x 4
  6. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Look at the grin on this one

IMG_0187.JPG

image21[543].JPG

• Like Like x 4
  7. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Bit of a trek for your license mate but once it's done it's done, I went to Thruxton at the end of last season as the neighbours daughter was racing there, not one this year so hopefully will be next, all the best Billy and shall look forward to your racing reports and pics on here.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Wow Joe, some cracking pictures there, and yes I imagine watching is torture, already had the 'don't be Billy Big Bollox' chat off my missus, but if I am honest at 57 I haven't got anything to prove so will try and enjoy the whole experience.
    Anyway the older you get the faster you used to be, right?

• Like Like x 4
  9. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Just to complete the story, after Hastings wrote off the RC8 they informed me that I had 30 days to find another bike and inform them or they would cancel my policy. I had protected no claims which I had accrued over a number of years, so even though they had paid out on the total loss write off, my policy would carry on if I bought a new bike ... result I thought! But I had made the decision to race next year so didn't plan on having a road bike, but it turns out that my Bandit 600 Prostocks bike has a log book, so I rang them with the details & my policy keeps running and the real Brucie bonus is that I am due a refund on the policy because of the lower insurance bracket the 600 falls in.
    I will not be putting the bike on the road but quite a good way of keeping the policy (and no claims) going should I wish to have another road bike in the future.

• Like Like x 10