Welcome to The Triumph Forum

The World's busiest Triumph Forum. Join this amazing group of people and start discussing the thing that we all love, Triumph Motorcycles.

Oh Dear Binned It!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Bad Billy, Aug 9, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member
    Subscriber

Jun 1, 2017
    Southampton
    Right I'll add the lid to the list of things to buy!
    My missus aint happy, will be lucky if I am allowed a Raleigh Wisp as my next bike at this rate!

• Funny Funny x 6
  2. Dozers Dad

Dozers Dad Bushmills Chief Quality Controller
    Subscriber

IMHO, your lid will be fine Bill.

If you insist on replacing it? I have a lovely Caberg flip front. One careful owner since approx 2006 (could be 2004? :kissing:)
    Never raced or rallied & it got a 5/5 star rating on that sharps test thingy.

As I said the other day. All it needs is 4 gallons of Fabreeze & an exorcism. Oh, the visor has a few scratches & you have to poke some of the lining back into place every other ride. Other than those very minor issues. It's still got many years of loyal service left in it mate! :cool:

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member
    Subscriber

Jun 1, 2017
    Southampton
    Much as I would like to take said lid off you hands, it does sound wonderful :rolleyes: I do actually have another Shoei lid that is absolutely fine. That said I did take out the Helmet & Leathers insurance, I think it only goes to £900 though, so just about cover the leathers!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Dozers Dad

Dozers Dad Bushmills Chief Quality Controller
    Subscriber

£900!!!!! :eek:

£900 would replace every bit of bike gear I've purchased since 1983! I might even have some change? :cool:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Sevenoaks
    Bloody hell, must be a lot of leather, you could buy 3 cows for that:p

6. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie First Class Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Glad you are pretty much okay, Billy.
    Spilt diesel is a menace, but so is petrol, as I nearly found out many years ago in York - a van (I think) in front of me must have just filled up and as he went round a right hand corner he deposited a fair quantity of petrol all over the road (I guess he had forgotten to replace his filler cap, or he didn't have one). I just caught the edge of the spillage and felt the bike start to slide, but somehow managed to avoid the road jumping up and smacking me in the face! At least petrol evaporates quickly.
    Get well soon and let us know how you get on with the insurance claim. It's worth knowing who the good guys are at renewal time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Gary_P

Gary_P Active Member
    Subscriber

May 19, 2016
    North Yorkshire
    Sorry to hear about your accident, here’s wishing you a speedy recovery and getting your bike and gear sorted.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. MrOrange

MrOrange The Lunatics have definitely taken over !!!!
    Staff Member Subscriber

Oct 28, 2015
    the Heart of Darkness
    Sorry to hear about your off. Glad your OK tho. Now you've got to deal with those insurance bastards :mad:

Hope you get the bike sorted. Be a shame if the world loses one of them :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. STIFFLER

STIFFLER Active Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Shropshire
    Started to read this feeling down beat that a lovely bike`s been trashed because of diesel! As I read on the sympathy from the "brothers" is heart warming!! Then as usual the piss taking starts so found myself bloody laughing at your horrible happening!!

Glad your ok mate & hope you get the bike sorted soon. Think if the biggest bruise is to your wallet after falling off...then you've got away lightly:cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. andyc1

andyc1 #2121313
    Subscriber

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Its a good thing you can laugh about eh!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    Glad you are OK mate sorry about the bike hope all work's out in you're favour.
    :p
    PS
    You can now get a BLACK ONE
    Tucker _20180210_121406.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member
    Subscriber

Jun 1, 2017
    Southampton
    Cheers mate, TBH humour normally gets me through most things, better than mopping about miserable, doesn't mean that I am not pissed off at crashing my lovely RC8 though.
    It is a great forum & you are correct it is like a brotherhood, I haven't met most of the people on here but still feel an affinity with them.
    Ligament damage means I wouldn't be riding for a long while anyway so will have to have a think about what happens next.

• Like Like x 3
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  13. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member
    Subscriber

Jun 1, 2017
    Southampton
    Lets not start going down the same road as when you started the helmet debate eh DD?
    BKS Stingray leathers were £899, however I bought them when on sale for £549 which is not bad for the quality, as my complete lack of road rash following my off testifies.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  14. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member
    Subscriber

Jun 1, 2017
    Southampton
    3 cows and a bit of stingray skin actually!

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    jeez I better start wearing specs all the time that last statement got me feeling really sorry for you:sob:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member
    Subscriber

Jun 1, 2017
    Southampton
    Was there confusion of words - testifies not testicles!!!!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. quarky

quarky Well-Known Member

May 14, 2018
    Northants, UK
    Give yourself a good verbal telling off for not seeing it, not reacting quick enough, not going to different route, or whatever else you beat yourself up about, then remember that we have stuff like this happen, it is part of biking. Actually, part of driving too, but driving is more forgiving.

Should be fixable right?

18. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member
    Subscriber

Jun 1, 2017
    Southampton
    Didn't even see the patch, literally just as you exit the roundabout, eyes have to be everywhere on roundabouts!
    I know what you mean about beating myself up though, it was a bit of a rush to finish work in time to meet up with my mates for an evening ride, I nearly didn't bother ...

19. Chris W

Chris W New Member

Jul 31, 2018
    London
    Best of luck
    I hope all goes well and your back up riding soon.
    Chris W

20. Havit

Havit Very strange Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Carlow
    Diesel ......the dread of all bikers on roundabouts :scream:,
    Sorry you have become a victim to it :oops:
    Hope no bones broken :mask: