Tiger Sport Oem Parts Microfiche/parts Manual - Tiger 850

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by TimmyTheHog, Mar 16, 2022.

Tags:
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. TimmyTheHog

TimmyTheHog Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Surrey BC Canada
    Hello!

So recently I came across the new Tiger 850 and more than likely to grab it (got the deposit on it but haven't had a chance to test ride it due to weather)

so...this is a personal thing but I tend to like to read over the owner's manual/service manual as well as knowing what parts are involved in a motorcycle when I am interested.

Now, I could find Tiger900 Parts Breakdown, but for the life of me, I can't find anyone providing the same information for Tiger 850 Sport...

Does Tiger 850 use the exact the same part as the "old" based Tiger 900 or are they different?

Not a big deal but kind of driving me bunker with my OCD.....lol...

Any thought would be awesome...Thanks...

2. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. TimmyTheHog

TimmyTheHog Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Surrey BC Canada
    Found this site yesterday buggering around!

thanks for confirming as I wasn't sure it was legit...you know...internet :p

However, I don't see 850 in there...so I guess I will have to assume a lot of stuff ARE the same as 900 :p:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. DamonYVR

DamonYVR Member

Dec 2, 2021
    Vancouver BC Canada
    There are some differences, but most of the parts are the same for the 850 and the new 900. Even on the Pro and Rally models. Suspension parts, foot pegs and foot controls, handlebar switches, seats, some electrical parts, dash, will be different, but the fundamentals are the same.

Get the 850- we'll ride as a gang! We can also chat about the aftermarket stuff I've got and how I sorted through the chaos of all that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TimmyTheHog

TimmyTheHog Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Surrey BC Canada
    supposed to test ride the bike this weekend but the weather god is not happy at the moment...hoping for a clearing for a few hours so I can go in and do my thing...

6. DamonYVR

DamonYVR Member

Dec 2, 2021
    Vancouver BC Canada
    #6 DamonYVR, Mar 18, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
    Ah, the weather. Yep, its either motorcycle weather or the other kind. That is my general world view of weather. Be great to have another 850 rider around.

I loved the Rally, but the extra cost was more than I wanted to spend, and the seat height was more than I knew would be good for me long term.

I'd like the bigger display, but the display design (which is my biggest complaint) is the same. Meh, I've adapted. The suspension is a very good balance, but not the softest in the world. Still, the light off road I've done shows it is good there too. The tires rumble off centre, but that has disappear with 5000 kms.

I loaded the bike up last spring and did 1000 or 1200 kms or so. No problem at all on the highway, for my speeds, and quite comfortable.

I think it is a really great bike and a solid choice. Let us know how it goes when you get a ride.

• Like Like x 1