OEM Flyscreen any good?

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Moe, Jul 14, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Moe

Moe Senior Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Colchester
    Hi guys,

was thinking about getting the extra fly screen from Triumph for my Speed Triple, just wanted to know if it is any good at deflecting wind?

thanks in advance.
    [​IMG]

2. 711jrp

711jrp Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    south london
    I think they make it worse.. just went from a 2011 with one to a 2013 R without and seem to get less buffeting at speed.

3. Moe

Moe Senior Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Colchester
    Thanks, it doesn't look like it would do much.
    Has anyone used a laminar lip before?

4. S3R

S3R Member

Jan 13, 2015
    When I swapped the Street Triple headlight bracket for the stocker on my S3R I found that in addition to a more integrated looking headlight/dash assembly, I am subjected to less helmet buffeting at speed...

5. Gerry

Gerry Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Gateshead, Tyne & Wear,
    Had one fitted from new (2012) no problems sends the wind blast over my head. Just the standard screen its self put it straight into my face the extra screen is a big improvement.

6. Moe

Moe Senior Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Colchester
    Have you got a few pics?

The thing is I don't like the fact you have to drill holes into the fly screen and the space between will be a bitch to clean!

Had a look around at other options and decided I could make my own...pics to follow

7. Gerry

Gerry Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Gateshead, Tyne & Wear,
    Yes you have to drill it but its pre marked and is easy to take off for cleaning, just 3 screws in to wellnuts.

8. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Staffordshire
    Hi had one on my street and have one on my speed. Wouldn't do with out them makes the bike look better and if you are about 5ft 8 the wind passes right over your head. Tilt your head and my visor automatically closes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Robin Sanderson

Robin Sanderson Active Member

Jul 14, 2015
    Peterborough
    This is the powerbronze one that doesn't need drilling.

Screenshot_2015-07-22-22-44-02.png

10. Moe

Moe Senior Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Colchester
    #10 Moe, Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    looks good, do you have a link as i can't seem to find that one?

just had a quick look, seems like its for the street triple 2013 on wards, is this the same standard flyscreen on the speed?

the trials on making my own using 3m dual lock seem to be successful, will up load some photos tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  11. snarly

snarly Active Member

Sep 8, 2013
    Essex
    Moe, i have the Powerbronze screen on my 2013 Speed-looks good, works fine and doesn't require any drilling. if you search the forum i have put piccys up of it for a similar thread.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Robin Sanderson

Jul 14, 2015
    Peterborough
    Just fitted the powerbronze and yet to try it out. Came a day after the track day dammit!
    Really easy to fit. Took no longer than 30 minutes. IMAG0372_1.jpg IMAG0371_1.jpg

13. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    That looks good,be interesting to see how it performs.

14. snarly

snarly Active Member

Sep 8, 2013
    Essex
    mine works for me-had it over a year now-takes the wind pressure off a bit so more comfortable at national speeds

15. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Staffordshire
    Hi guys, I recently stated I have had them fitted to both street and the speed and find that with the speed although the seat height is a tad higher but you naturally sink behind the tank unlike the street so I find the wind buffering is less. Their is also the fact that with the speed R you can't help but to sink down and hang on due to the shear acceleration of the beast, or may be I am a short ass as, well 5' 8 ish and long arms.

16. JayJay

JayJay Member

Jul 21, 2015
    Essex
    I'm not sure how i ever managed without mine, they should come as standard!

17. Robin Sanderson

Jul 14, 2015
    Peterborough
    Not so good news is that I went in the garage today and the sticky back foam had unstuck itself. Didn't want to resort to glue but I have had to use some clear 'sticks like sh!t' to make sure.

18. JayJay

JayJay Member

Jul 21, 2015
    Essex
    I used clamps when i fitted it and left it for about 14 hours, seems to of the done trick hasn't peeled back yet, been up to 120mph (on private roads).

19. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Don't talk to me about bloody flyscreens. I've been trying new bikes and they all have, without exception, crap flyscreens !!!

20. JayJay

JayJay Member

Jul 21, 2015
    Essex
    'Crap' as standard. I just dont get why even the top end bikes have crap screens, are they all just an after thought, "yeah that'll do, start producing them".