Odd Paint Job? Is It Just Me Or Does This One Not Really Work?

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by MartyWilson, Jul 11, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MartyWilson

MartyWilson Guest

Hi all, Been trawling the internet of late looking for my 'must have' bonnie and I came across the one pictured below. Is it just me or does this one really not work? I can appreciate what it was aiming at but, a fuel tank doesn't equate to the nose of WWII fighter.

sharkteeth.jpg

2. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Hmmm, this might work ok on some sport bikes but I'm with you. For me it doesn't work on this bike.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. MartyWilson

MartyWilson Guest

I could see the shark mouth painted on the nose of a nice, pointy fairing worn by a sports machine but on the tank it just looks really wrong to me plus a bare metal effect is more reminiscent of a USAAF aircraft than an RAF one which it's supposed to be a homage to. I do actually recall seeing a bike, can't remember what it was, in the car park at Knockhill race track in Scotland at a British Superbikes race knocking on for thirty years ago and it had the most beautiful airbrush work all over to give it the look of a bare metal finished Boeing B17 complete with nose art.

4. Stramasher

Stramasher Senior Member

Jun 10, 2020
    ex-0141
    Walking the bike park at Knockhill was (nearly) as entertaining as the racing. My highlight was a ZZR11 in full Heinz Beanz paint. Asbestos seat cover.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MartyWilson

MartyWilson Guest

Ha, if I could give that a 'laugh' and a 'like' I would. I never saw that one and I would have loved that too! I would have a bike like that just for the laughs and grins it would produce.

I have to admit that I used to delight in winding up the 'Race replica' folks in the bike park. Running up to them before they removed their Replica Foggy lid etc. and fawning like they were the 'real deal' and then acting all disappointed and indignant when they removed their lid to reveal the sixty/seventy something old company director underneath. I never got the whole replica bike/lid/leathers bit.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Jadorff

Jadorff Noble Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Adelaide Australia
    no don't like it though everyone to there own

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Sorry, not for me, I think it looks sh@te and certainly doesn’t go with the style of bike. :poop:

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    "Nope" it does not look right to me either, I prefer to see it on a Aircraft as this P-40 Kittyhawk in RAF Desert trim

RAF-P40-Kittihawk-North-Africa.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Dexter

Dexter Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2020
    Colorado
    They idea is OK, but it requires more artistic talent to pull off. Like this:

IMG_01421.jpg

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Dexter

Dexter Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2020
    Colorado
    Somewhere I have some full photos of this custom V-Max. The artist is incredible, and carried the theme on the rest of the bike. I'll try to find them...

• Like Like x 2