O2 sensor wanted

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Jody, Oct 28, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jody

Jody Active Member

Oct 9, 2016
    Nuneaton
    #1 Jody, Oct 28, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
    Has anyone got a working O2 sensor they wish to be relieved of ?

From what I've seen all Triumph ones are the same so any SHOULD be OK ha ha

I'm sure mine has gone for a Burton as it runs better without it but just wanted to try a working sensor to see if it's better with it

If you get what I mean....

Cheers

2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Is your bike running a std factory map? If it isn't, the map you have might be written to exclude any feedback info from an O² sensor. This style of map is very common in the Bonneville world, but I'm not familiar with the Speed Triple crowd.

Have you got TuneECU (free download) and a suitable cable to check what map you are currently running?

3. Jody

Jody Active Member

Oct 9, 2016
    Nuneaton
    It is a standard bike and was running 20490 (Std 95 ron map for ABS bike) but was very hit and miss low down, nothing happened then over 4k it took off like a 2 stroke plus guzzled fuel like a dehydrated camel

I tried the 91 Ron map but it was gutless low down to the point of needing 3k to pull away

Previous owner had an arrow fitted (or so the map that was loaded leads me to believe) so I weren't sure if the sensor had been left in but turned off and got ruined

I turned the O2 off and reloaded 20490, reset adaptations and did the idle reset job and it was like night and day....but as always now I'm used to it I notice that it the response below 4k is not very good and at part throttle it's not the best....over 4k and wide open it flies

Weren't sure if it's running a bit lean or rich low down...I'd say rich as the revs aren't hanging and there's no hesitation and drop of revs when cracking the throttle like lean running it's more like it needs to clear it's throat first

Hence I just wanted another O2 sensor to try while saving for another exhaust and dynamic tune

I'm got 140 mile on £15 of fuel mainly sat at around 3500-4k doing 60ish down the lanes to work

Is this good or bad ?

My previous Ducati was shocking so what I'm getting could be ace for all I know :D

Cheers

4. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    #4 thebiglad, Oct 28, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
    1. Re fuel consumption - how many ltrs is £15 worth? Really to calculate your mpg you need tankful to tankful figures so that you know exactly how many ltrs you consumed, then you can do a proper mpg calculation. BTW just in case you don't know, there is 4.54 ltrs to a UK gallon. So for example you had consumed 12.5ltrs and you had travelled 140 mls the calculation would go 12.5/4.54 = 2.75galls; 140/2.75 = 50.9 mpg.

2. Regarding the fueling and maps: - I'm not clear what the current set-up is so could you please answer the following: is the bike is full std trim Yes or No. If it's not in full std. trim what modifications have been made?

Have you examined the spark plugs to see if the bike is running lean or rich?

If the bike is currently in full std. trim and if the the std. factory tune is 20490 (check on the bike's ECU, the tune is shown on there, then it should be run with the O² sensor selected. It might be worth going onto TuneECU and downloading the factory version of 20490, just in case the version you are using has been modified or corrupted in any way.

As part of the diagnosis of any problem we need to return it to a known 'good point' which in this case would be factory settings imo.

5. Jody

Jody Active Member

Oct 9, 2016
    Nuneaton
    So £15/111.9p = 13.4L
    13.4L/4.54 = 2.95gal
    140/2.95gal = 47.4mpg

Is 47.4mpg OK for a Trumpet 1050 mainly cruising...

Answers on a postcard :D

6. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    I can't speak from personal experience Jody but If I was getting an accurate 47mpg out of a plus 1ltr bike I would be more than happy.
    That mpg does not indicate a major fueling crisis imo.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jody

Jody Active Member

Oct 9, 2016
    Nuneaton
    Cheers big lad

Obviously just the inherent foibles of the standard mapping I'm noticing then

8. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    If as you said in another thread all Triumph O² sensors are the same, I've got one here that I took off my 2010 EFi T100.

9. Jody

Jody Active Member

Oct 9, 2016
    Nuneaton
    Just checked and they are both the same part number on World of Triumphs parts list....

What would you want for it mate ?

Cheers

10. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    I'll need to check that I can lay my hands on it, after our house move. I'll also need your full name and address to get the postage costs as I'm in France.

I'll confirm tomorrow that I've got it, then we can talk money, perhaps in a private message?

11. Jody

Jody Active Member

Oct 9, 2016
    Nuneaton
    OK mate cool

Thanks

12. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Oh! Don't go all private on us now, spoilsports.

• Like Like x 1
  13. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Discretion dear boy, discretion. That's the watchword.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jody

Jody Active Member

Oct 9, 2016
    Nuneaton
    Don't worry...I'll make something up and post it here after, making us both look like Demigods ha ha

• Like Like x 1
  15. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    #15 capt, Nov 5, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    Hi Jody, sorry to hear you still have a niggling fueling problem, happy to hear my instructions on resting map to throttle position helped you out , hope you get this low speed running sorted too.

Cheers

Hi Jody, just a thought, as I've just recently replaced my battery and it's had a big influence on how the bike runs, sounds possible that battery or charging system could have some affect here, as alternator/regulator wouldn't put full Volt's out until engine is spinning at good speed. My bike was a bit doughy when blipping the throttle at idle before battery change, now it really sounds much better and is more responsive, only had new battery in since Thursday not done any real miles yet so can't say what effect if any on mpg, but definitely pulls/responds better all throughout the rev range, Just another view on what might be going ion ?

16. Jody

Jody Active Member

Oct 9, 2016
    Nuneaton
    #16 Jody, Nov 6, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    Cheers for the info mate.....Might have a look later what my battery is holding

It has heated grips (wired straight to the battery) and did have wiring for GPS I think or heated clothing wired direct so there is the possibility of the battery having a hard life so far....

All my bike has of any difference from standard is the O2 turned off

Under 4k it's just sluggish at small throttle openings then as soon as I hit 4k it clears up

If I try and pull away under 2k and tiny throttle opening it just doesn't go

If I wind on too much throttle over 4k it kind of hesitates a bit....If I slowly open it (I don't mean snail slow probably 1 1/2 second to full open) then it flies...

I just wanted to try a different O2 in so it's as it rolled out the factory

My last bike was dyno tuned and the throttle was crisp everywhere so maybe I'm just looking into it too much