Number Plates

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by MattScrambler, Jun 1, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    That's a nice face you have there wurzel!!

2. wurzel

wurzel Member

May 18, 2016
    Scatterbrook farm
    Thank you very much. That is my handsome head. Really does get the ladies going

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    Yeah....In the opposite direction!!!:p:D:p

4. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    Its true what wasp says.....if you don`t take the micky, you`d be hard pressed to be stopped for just that one item....however, if the nice policeman is trying to impress someone, it`ll be a bad day at the office for you I guess.
    I did read somewhere that if you get stopped more than once for riding with a small plate on the same bike, then they could make you have a "Q" plate...But Iv`e never heard of anyone being punished that much.
    ive had a 8x6 plate on my Thruxton & it suits the bike...Crispey (Sir) is right, legal size plates don`t look right on a bike with a tail-tidy

• Like Like x 1
  5. graemeskillings

graemeskillings New Member

May 18, 2016
    Sunderland,UK
    I hate the oversized standard motorbike number plates!! Hadn't even taken delivery of my Bonneville when I ordered a 7"x6" pressed aluminium plate for it. I've always had undersized plates and I think as long as you don't go to silly with the size you'll get away with it.

• Like Like x 1