Numb Fingers

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Grand54, Jun 12, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Madscots

Madscots Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Edinburgh
    A lot of folk with this put heavier bar ends on that help and also I use a cramp buster on my bikes so not having to grip the throttle at all now.

2. snarly

snarly Active Member

Sep 8, 2013
    Essex
    I added bar risers from SW Motech to cure my numb hands. The wrist position particularly on throttle side caused more numbness but the risers have really helped

3. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Fitted the puppies today and thought it's to hot to work so buggered off to the wicklow mountains . Hands were fine with the grips . Happy days.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chewie

Chewie Member

Dec 16, 2016
    Melbourne Australia
    i get this problem periodically and I believe the numbness (and pins and needles sometimes) does not start in the hands but originates in the elbow or shoulder. I find that if I rotate the shoulder and elbow periodically it helps to relieve the hand issue. The nerves in your hand come from your neck via the shoulder and elbow, and pain or discomfort can be relayed down the line. Give it a try (rotating the elbow and shoulder) next time you feel the numbness starting up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Red_Baron

Red_Baron New Member

Jul 7, 2017
    North Dallas, TX
    1- Put Grip Puppies
    2- Put real end bar weights
    3- Losen your riding grip
    4- Change slightly the angle of the steering bar
    5- Wear a good padded riding glove
    All these sure cut all vibes for me.