**now Sold ** '99 Sprint St 955i - Low Miles (c.8k), £975 Ono

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Adie P, Apr 13, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Adie P

Adie P Elite Member
    Subscriber

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Losing the work unit AND the lockdown are, I know, screwing you - royally - at the moment so I don't think you're welching on anything.

OK, in fairness to all, if you're happy to say that, as at this moment in time, first come, first served is amenable then we can all move forward in agreement!

Thanks @Smilinjack

• Like Like x 3
  2. MonkeyHanger

MonkeyHanger Active Member

Sep 3, 2017
    Barnstaple, Devon
    OK if this is not sold, or those that have shown an interest are unable to proceed, I'd like to take it off your hands. I'm up the road in Barnstaple and am retired so can collect it whenever suits (and when I can hire a van). Please PM me if you want to proceed any further.

Cheers,

Graham

• Like Like x 2
  3. Adie P

Adie P Elite Member
    Subscriber

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Hi MonkeyHanger. Many thanks for the post and the interest, but I've just logged back in to update this thread having just waved goodbye to the ST! SO ........... I'm sorry - but also happy - to say that it's sold and gone to a good home.

I'm optimistic that it will serve Chris & Billy well with an investment of time, effort and (hopefully) modest expense.

Thanks and apologies to all that expressed an interest.

Sprint Exec, anyone? :D

• Like Like x 4
  4. Dozers Dad

Dozers Dad Bushmills Chief Quality Controller
    Subscriber

That'll sell easily Adie.
    It's a beauty...
    20190502_153400.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. MonkeyHanger

MonkeyHanger Active Member

Sep 3, 2017
    Barnstaple, Devon

That's what I get for overthinking things, I should have responded as soon as I saw your first post.

Thanks anyway

• Like Like x 4
  6. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member
    Subscriber

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Thanks @Adie P for an easy transaction & for the tea, now safely back in Hampshire, will start a thread when I start the work to bring the ST out of hibernation. But very pleased with my new steed :cool:
    5627D2C6-B62B-4E05-AFAC-F684E1DAB564.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  7. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member
    Subscriber

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    14CF34B1-08E9-4810-B91D-3683994AB9FC.jpeg :cool:
    For now working on the race bike to get it ready for Cadwell in 3 weeks, nothing much. Drain coolant & replace with pure water, quick service & check over really. Once I have done that I’ll get the RSV off the bench & the Triumph on. Sat on the ST, felt like a big soft cruiser compared to the race bike! :D:cool:

• Like Like x 4
  8. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Congrats @Bad Billy, so happy you have a road bike again, what a bargain, well done to the boss :p she needs congratulating

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member
    Subscriber

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Cheers mate, where there has been little opportunity to get out on the race bike I was starting to get a little stir crazy. Bargain indeed but always a slight risk when something has been parked up for that long!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member
    Subscriber

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Bench cleared of the Aprilia & loaded with the Triumph, took seat off & found an intercom unit, need to remove the tank & check the air filter when I can work out how to release the pesky electrical connectors. Bit of research ahead of starting in earnest. 5AD7E1C6-6FE6-4914-921E-1EF9D8C34262.jpeg D8479ABA-7213-4FAB-A845-EAD7337A58BC.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  11. Judd Dredd

Judd Dredd Noble Member
    Subscriber

Jan 13, 2019
    Hospital
  12. Adie P

Adie P Elite Member
    Subscriber

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Heck YES. Cash, paypal, cleared funds of any kind.

When you're ready ............. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Dozers Dad

Subscriber

#33 Dozers Dad, Jun 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    Adie purchased it from me Judd.
    Cosmetically it's fantastic. It had £2000+ of work carried out approx 500 miles ago. After being off the road for approx 8yrs.
    It only had one minor issue when I sold it to Adie.
    It used to bog down at low revs for the first half mile or so. Then it ran as sweet as a nut for the rest of the ride. Adie rode it 100's of miles home & he'll confirm what I've said. Unfortunately, the next time he used it he had the same issue. Therefore, I'm guessing there's something floating around in the tank or carbs that needs cleaning out.

I was told (no proof though) that the bike is 1 of only 9 Sprint Executives that were given that Union Jack paint job.
    By 1998, Triumph had introduced the fuel injection version.
    Consequently, the older carb fed bikes were proving to be more difficult to sell. Hence the paint job to sell the last few.

At 22yrs old, in the condition it's in & with all the new parts it has.
    Plus the Ltd Edition aspect. It's most definitely a future collectors bike that should never go down in value.

It won't be £975 though Judd!
    If it is, I'd buy it back from Adie in a heartbeat!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Judd Dredd

Judd Dredd Noble Member
    Subscriber

Jan 13, 2019
    Hospital
    @Dozers Dad, if i may ask, why did you part with it? The yammie would be sold to make way for this, plus, with all the extra hours at work recently, i have some extra change despite the taxmans best efforts.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Dozers Dad

Subscriber

The simple answer is a lack of use Judd.

I had an accident in 2005 & suffered a TBI (as you're medically trained, you probably won't need to Google that ;)) It has f#cked my ability to ride a bike. If I wasn't such a pig-headed [email protected] I wouldn't have a bike at all.

When I sold the Sprint to Adie I had 2 bikes. The Sprint & a 2006 Suzuki Bandit 1200. Neither were being used enough. And Adie offered to buy one of them at a fair price.

I then sold the Bandit & purchased my T100 Bonnie which is just a very pretty garage ornament. 160 miles last year & zero miles so far this year. Pointless having it really. But whilst I own it, I can still call myself a biker. Plus it gives me a legitimate excuse to be a member of this fine forum :blush:

The Sprint is a cracking bike mate. And if you keep it in the same condition it's definitely a potential investment.

• Like Like x 3
  16. MartyWilson

MartyWilson Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2020
    Lochgoilhead, Argyll
    That Sprint exec is really smart! If it wasn't for the possibility that one of Wee Nicky Da Fish's rabid mob taking a dislike to the Great British flag if I left it anywhere I would have a bike like that in a heartbeat. I stopped myself from buying a new Shark modular lid that has basically what is obviously the flag of Great Britain without the white on it in case some wee turd with a Saltire obsession might go out of their way to have me off when I wasn't looking.

• Funny Funny x 2