Now Sold - 68 Plate Custom Street Twin

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Jimalmighty, Feb 4, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jimalmighty

Jimalmighty Member

Sep 22, 2020
    Dorset
    #1 Jimalmighty, Feb 4, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
    Hi all,

Having recently bought a Speed Triple I’ve decided to move my Street Twin on.

I’ve owned this bike since September 2020 and have spent plenty of time and money customising it to a high standard, it looks fantastic, rides beautifully and sounds bloody amazing!

The engine / exhaust upgrades (Tec cam install) see the bike go from a standard 52ish bhp to over 70bhp, plus the exhaust and intake mods add further, and it pulls lovely.
    If you’ve ridden a standard Street Twin you’ll be very pleasantly surprised.

Details as follows:

68 plate (December 2018 registered)

2 owners (including me)

2600 miles (800 first owner / 1800 by me)

Full main dealer triumph service history.

Last service in December, ridden 14 miles since.

MOT due December 2022 (No advisories)

Sits on a battery optimiser in the garage.

Ridden in the rain twice under my ownership.

From a customisation POV it has the following list of upgrades:

Tec Cam shaft (18 BHP increase)

Remus straight thru exhaust headers

V&H Exhaust Slip ons (USA spec w/ removable baffles)

Crafton Atelier Seat

LSL Headlight bracket

Motone Speedo bracket

Motone Fuel cap

T120 Tank

Fuel booster plug

K&N Air Filter

Motone Tail tidy

Motone Indicators

Triumph T100 Wheels (700 miles use)

Metzeler tyres (700 miles use)

Total upgrades cost over £3700

In addition it has paint to match the tank & all the silver parts have been anodised black.

I'm fully aware that one never recuperates the investment made when customising so i am asking £8,000 for the bike. I feel the price is fair, given the amount of upgrades the bike has, the bike wants for nothing and this is a great opportunity to own a ready made customised Bonneville with all the cool parts.

As a benchmark; there is a standard version of the Street Twin on eBay, same age, same mileage, owners, history etc. and that is advertised for £6775. This bike has well over £3k of quality upgrades for an extra grand or so.

I am advertising my bike with all the upgrades listed above and with an open mind to sensible and serious offers.
    I do have the original wheels/tyres and would be happy to reduce the price by £500 if someone wanted those instead of the upgraded spoke wheels (I have a buyer for the spoke wheels on hand)

I’m based in Dorset and do have a courier contact i've used before if delivery is a requirement.

Walkround video available on request via WhatsApp, please message me with your details.
    More pics @ jimbo_moto on Instagram.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Ash

Bonnie.jpg

bonnie 1.jpg

bonnie 2.jpg

bonnie 3.jpg

bonnie 4.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Nice bike done no miles atall. Are you buying something else or giving up. Either way do stay with us here in the forum.
    Joe

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jimalmighty

Jimalmighty Member

Sep 22, 2020
    Dorset
    Thanks Joe,
    Yeah, I’ve got a 17 plate Speed Triple taking up all the spare space in the garage. It’s my third Triumph in a row, along with some other bikes, so I’m not going anywhere

• Like Like x 2
  4. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Jimalmighty
    That's great. That should sell quite quickly.
    Joe

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jimalmighty

Jimalmighty Member

Sep 22, 2020
    Dorset
    #5 Jimalmighty, Feb 4, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
    I think so. I feel I’m sensible with the price. I’ll really miss it but no room at the Inn

• Like Like x 1
  6. Geoff Butler

Geoff Butler Never too old for Biking!

Apr 5, 2021
    Hampshire & Powys
    Very nice looking bike, good luck :grinning:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    I'm interested to see what this goes for. A lot of us customise our bikes and that can make it tricky when it comes to selling. I've made quite a few changes to my Street Twin, some the same as you (including the TEC cam). I'm curious as to what it would be worth. I haven't kept a tally of the cost because I don't really want to know. My local Triumph dealer said the changes wouldn't effect his price offer either way. He'd give me a bit more if I offered all the original parts but not much. He came out with the usual comments about everyone having different tastes and opinions on what looks good, so in effect I was reducing the potential market. I suggested that he should put my bike in his showroom, next to a standard, used ST, and see what the punters thought.

Why the T120 tank? Fuel range? Or aesthetics?

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Jimalmighty

Jimalmighty Member

Sep 22, 2020
    Dorset
    Hi Beerkat, apologies for the late reply... we've got the damn virus in our house. Over the worst now it feels.
    Agree, when i bought the Speed Triple i asked the guys about trade in value was and he was the same. I had an R9T a couple of years back and did a load of modifications to that, i actually recouped every penny i spent on that and had a load of interest.

Fuel tank was purely aesthetics, it does mean i have greater fuel capacity (which is helpful) but the larger, more bulbous look and the traditional badge look way better than the original i think. Plus the original looks sweet hanging in the garage.

I'll let everyone know when i've sold it - i've got a guy locally that is hoping it doesnt sell before he passes his test on 2nd March. He wants it with the mag wheels so i'll have some almost new spokeys going up for sale if so.

cheers

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    #9 beerkat, Feb 9, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
    I agree with you about the ST tank badge, it's bobbins (for you US types that means 'not good'). I like the 3-bar badge you've used but unfortunately it won't fit the smaller ST tank. Occasionally I consider getting the tank resprayed so I can add a unique design for the Triumph logo. But then I wonder how it's resale value would be affected with a totally original tank design.

Was the switch to the T120 tank straightforward? I didn't think they were a simple swop.

Just had a thought..if you've got the original ST tank taking up valuable space in your garage (ok it's a decoration) then perhaps you might want to part with it for a very reasonable price, then I could customise it and keep the original..er..original.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jimalmighty

Jimalmighty Member

Sep 22, 2020
    Dorset
    Hi Beerkat,
    I think as long as you didn’t expect a return on the custom spray job you’d not affect resale… unless you got some flames on the side or something!

The T120 tank is a breeze to fit, you simply remove the fuel pump from the old tank and fit it into the new one. I was well chuffed with it, it’s also more bulbous which feels better between the knees. More control etc.

Good question on the garage tank. Let me have a think

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Any news on the bike sale?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Jimalmighty

Jimalmighty Member

Sep 22, 2020
    Dorset
    Yep, the guy in the village is taking it with the original wheels @ £7500.

I'll be putting the spoked wheels up on the site soon.

I know i could possibly have got more for it on Autortrader / eBay but i hadnt got round to advertising it anywhere than here and he's confirmed now so i'm pleased it will stay local. I can still ride it too :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Well done. A bit less than you originally wanted but saves you the hassle of sticking it on internet sites and then dealing with the inevitable idiots and daft questions.