Now My Bike Wont Start

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by NivenDaytona675, Feb 28, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Here’s a link to my fuel pump priming

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Katies Grandad

Jun 27, 2017
    St Neots
    I've just read through this and at the begining he states the engine is not cranking. No one has suggested the clutch switch , which on my speedie gives exactly those symptoms if it's not working.

• Like Like x 1
  3. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Could be useful KG, the recent answers aren’t to the OP but someone else asking about a new problem

4. Bennyjdub

Bennyjdub New Member

Feb 26, 2020
    Sydney
    Thanks so much for your help.

To be honest, I've been riding for 10 years, but am a bit of noob when it comes to the language/lingo. I've created a video here to show what is happening.

I think I hear the pump working, I don't have anything to measure the voltage , but if you reckon it its the battery. I also, don't know where my choke is haha, I'm a total 'novice' / amateur :(

Do you think I need more than three litres, as it must be bone dry I guess, otherwise I find someone with jumper cables first.

You guys are awesome, thanks for helping out!!

5. Bennyjdub

Bennyjdub New Member

Feb 26, 2020
    Sydney
    Thanks so much for your help.

To be honest, I've been riding for 10 years, but am a bit of noob when it comes to the language/lingo. I've created a video here to show what is happening.

I think I hear the pump working, I don't have anything to measure the voltage , but if you reckon it its the battery. I also, don't know where my choke is haha, I'm a total 'novice' / amateur :( So i'll find it hard to know even where things are, i'm trying to google online.

Do you think I need more than three litres, as it must be bone dry I guess, otherwise I find someone with jumper cables first.

p

6. Bennyjdub

Bennyjdub New Member

Feb 26, 2020
    Sydney

I think I hear the pump working, I don't have anything to measure the voltage , but if you reckon it its the battery. I also, don't know where my choke is haha, I'm a total 'novice' / amateur :( So i'll find it hard to know even where things are, i'm trying to google online.

The fuel pump is inside the tank and makes a barely audible sound.[/QUOTE]