Now My Bike Wont Start

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by NivenDaytona675, Feb 28, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. youngy

youngy Active Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Peterborough
    that's the diagnostic socket.

2. pingpong

pingpong New Member

Mar 3, 2018
    carefree AZ 85377
    okay thanks.

3. pingpong

pingpong New Member

Mar 3, 2018
    carefree AZ 85377
    okay Guys thanks fixed it.

As i could not unplug the power commender, i fiddled a little with the connections and voila.

I am not handy like most of you Guys but like to work on it non the less.

I cant beleave it at the same moment i fixed it, Lingard scored ha ha not superstitious but still.

4. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Yours was not a miracle!!

5. pingpong

pingpong New Member

Mar 3, 2018
    carefree AZ 85377
    its a Triumph LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    That is where Triumph dealers plug in their Data Logger Tool, you can use Tuneecu via this to change ecu setting's and fuel/ignition mapping etc.

Cheers capt

7. pingpong

pingpong New Member

Mar 3, 2018
    carefree AZ 85377
    Okay thanks bro did not know, i am in heaven now drive the bastard again.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Looks like the data link 16 pin socket for diagnostic checks, shouldn't be attached to anything

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Correct terminology is an OBD port.
    "On Board Diagnostics port."
    Basically it is door into the bikes ECU (Electronic Control Unit) or brain, useful for change parameters in the engines running, checking clearing faults etc!

Also useful for the dealer to plug a laptop into, and fleecing you for lots of ££££££'s............ claiming its a black art, and only they can do it!
    :p:pYea Right;);)

10. NivenDaytona675

NivenDaytona675 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    South Africa, Gauteng
    update to thread. Part has been fitted. bike is running.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Glenn Hargreaves

Glenn Hargreaves New Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Cornwall UK
    Just reading through this thread and I'm a bit late with the info now but when you were measuring the voltage on your battery the multimeter (in the picture) is set to the wrong range. You have it set to the 150mA setting and it should be on DC 15v with it connected across the battery as shown. I'm trying not to sound picky but it might help someone else if they look at the pictures and copy those settings. :) or maybe for next time..... lol

12. Glenn Hargreaves

Glenn Hargreaves New Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Cornwall UK
    Oops sorry just noticed thats already been pointed out! :-D

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bennyjdub

Bennyjdub New Member

Feb 26, 2020
    Sydney

Sorry, I'm not sure how to post a new Thread, but thought you might be able to help Crispey.

So the other day I was riding my Triumph T100 (2017) and I ran out of fuel, I pushed the bike to my carspot and then next day put three litres of fuel in the tank.

It didn't start, unfortunately now its not starting, I'm not sure if maybe the fuel line is dry or some how it ran out of battery ??

I'm not great with bikes, usually I would get a mechanic in, but I thought there must be some smart people on here that could direct me. I love my triumph, but don't know my way around it.

Are you able direct me to try some thing?

14. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Possibly both. You will have emptied pump and fuel lines. It will need a few seconds ignition on for the pump to recharge everything up to the injectors. If it does not then crank it is overwhelmingly likely your battery has fallen below minimum charge and the ECU says ‘do not play’.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Bennyjdub

Bennyjdub New Member

Feb 26, 2020
    Sydney

Sorry, I'm not sure how to post a new Thread, but thought you might be able to help Crispey.

So the other day I was riding my Triumph T100 (2017) and I ran out of fuel, I pushed the bike to my carspot and then next day put three litres of fuel in the tank.

It didn't start, unfortunately now its not starting, I'm not sure if maybe the fuel line is dry or some how it ran out of battery ??

I'm not great with bikes, usually I would get a mechanic in, but I thought there must be some smart people on here that could direct me. I love my triumph, but don't know my way around it.

Are you able direct me to try some thing?
    Wow that was fast! Thanks Callumity, what a champ! So sorry for the stupid question but how do I figure out which one it is, is there a particular light to look for? I tried turning it on and left for 5 minutes then when I turned the ignition it just would make the starting sound but not start the engine at all. Before I get someone to try jump start it, why would it have run out of battery, I didn't leave any lights on?

16. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    So it’s turning over?

17. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    By starting sound do you mean the solenoid click and pump whir or is it cranking?

18. Bennyjdub

Bennyjdub New Member

Feb 26, 2020
    Sydney
    Yea the solenoid click is happening but the engine doesn't start. Not sure what a pump whir is. sorry for my lack of knowledge.

19. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Almost certainly your battery needs charging. It may be on its last legs on a 2017 bike if it gets occasional use. A smart battery charger is a sound buy.

The fuel pump is inside the tank and makes a barely audible sound.

• Like Like x 1
  20. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    As above, make sure the battery is in good charged order, when you know it is turn ignition on and wait a little bit, you should hear a whining sort of noise as the fuel pump primes, if you do wait for that to stop then try turning her over, it might take a few tries to get the fuel through, make sure the “choke’ is fully out.

• Like Like x 1