Not So Quick - Quick Shift

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by IanSA, Oct 8, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Biker Jock

Biker Jock Senior Member

Nov 16, 2014
    Yes, mine is the same as yours - trellis frame, Akro and Ohlins (the factory sport upgrade). To be fair, opinion on the BMW forum I use, is that the noisy, difficult gear change is unusual. I accepted it when I bought the R12S because my experience matched the BiKE magazine description so perfectly - it really does sound like a forklift falling over in an empty hanger. But maybe I bought the very bike they tested??? :)

2. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Which tends to confirm my suspicion that Triumph need to improve tolerancing in their gearboxes. If you're lucky you get a good one, unlucky you don't.
    Your description is entirely opposite to my experience (2015 94Speed R), I don't make a habit of it but smooth clutchless gear changes are not a problem.

3. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Could also explain the apparent slow quick shifter.
    If the gearbox is a bit clunky, you need a longer kill time than on a slicker shifting gearbox.....

4. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Would agree Andy, I test rode a Speed when my Street went in for service and thought the gearbox positively agricultural in comparison.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ridelikerossi

Ridelikerossi New Member

Jan 22, 2023
    New zealand
    2021 1200 rs.
    Quick shifter works awesome at town speeds , short shifting and quick riding around town BUT
    when I give it a fist full and ride hard it is way too long in the qs cut. Way to slow . Got dealer to look into. It Dangerously drops front and makes me jerk back and forward during changes. Faster and safer to turn off and manually blip