Featured Not A Trumpet - Cheap Project.

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Exuptoy, Jan 20, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Exuptoy

Exuptoy Senior Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Maesteg, South Wales
    This morning I decided to refit the exhaust so it’s straight!!! Then I removed the fork caps with the bike jacked up to take the pressure off the forks, to expose these.....(whilst it was off I stuck in about 25ml of oil to each fork).

[​IMG]

Then I dug out an old pair of preload caps which were given to me some time ago, I think from a Fazer 600???

[​IMG]

I spoke to my tame machinist (Darren :D) after doing some measuring and asked him to make me 2 x spacers 36mmOD x 12mm thick with a 10mm x 2.5mm dimple to take the adjuster and keep things central.
    Which look like this.

[​IMG]

And after a bit of swearing trying to squeeze it all together they look like this

[​IMG]

And the bike is now back in its wheels and feels a little firmer with 3 notches of preload in the rear and the rebound adjusted for a bit more return in the rear which also means that with the adjusters I can now dial in a further 17mm on the front if required.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The RH rear indicator wasn’t working which was just a poor contact on the lamp and I need a new switch for the front brake lever then it can go for its mot.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Speedy Pete

Speedy Pete Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2019
    Kent
    Good old paraffin to start off, and then good old elbow grease and a selection of small brass brushes, followed by fine wire wool.
    Also a selection of dentist picks for stubborn awkward areas.

3. Exuptoy

Exuptoy Senior Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Maesteg, South Wales
    Well, I bit the bullet and stuck a full set of seals in all three calipers as Robinson’s Suzuki had them on offer anyway and I stuck a new set of NGK plugs in her. I took it for its first MOT since 2011 yesterday and it passed with no advisories and a few positive comments from the tester. It goes surprisingly well.
    Anyone want a 97 Bandit for £1150?

1F5E6E6D-C2CA-4CE2-A02D-09C8EE86F2E1.jpeg

• Like Like x 5