Not A Triumph ! - 1999 R1 For Sale

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Boothy, Aug 18, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Boothy

Boothy Active Member

Sep 9, 2016
    Lancashire
    Am putting up for sale my 1999 Blue R1.

I am the 2nd owner from new, totally immaculate and original, apart from undertray fitted.

16000 miles from new, dry weather only, have yamaha single seat cowl and pillion pad.Factory alarm, 2 keys, 2 fobs. Datatagged

New rear tyre, new brakes, 11 months MOT.

If anyone is interested, PM for photos and more details. Will be going in mcn next week.

Thanks

IMG00097.jpg

IMG00097.jpg

2. Gary_P

Gary_P Active Member

May 19, 2016
    North Yorkshire
    That is a stunning example, good luck with your sale. :)

3. Tal

Tal Active Member

Jul 3, 2017
    Milton Keynes
    Nice but my brain dont work fast enough to keep up with one of them these days HaHa.

4. Boothy

Boothy Active Member

Sep 9, 2016
    Lancashire
    Hi funnily enough it is a comfy bike to ride, not sure want to tour on it !! but fine for a full day out, easy to ride quick and to just take easy on to, Only reason i'm selling it is i have just built a CRK Cafe Racer and love it. Have just bought a damaged Super 3 and am building another one and need the space and cant ride all 3. When finished new build will probably sell one of the CRK,s

TBH i am after top money for it as don't think there are many about much tidier, don't expect to sell on here just posted out of interest.

Have just put it up on Auto trader for £3650.00

If don't get something close will just keep covered up in the garage as the value just keeps creeping up.

PS thanks for everyones kind comments

• Like Like x 1
  5. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    #5 chuk, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    i traded in my nice 2000 r1 for the triple at raceways in Fleetwood,that's the longest I've been on bike for ages loved the r1 but was very hard to ride at sensible speeds,not the bikes fault it could plod away at low speeds no probs tons of power turbine smooth its just hard not to gun it everywhere hence trading it in for the triple,got 2k trade in then they had it for sale at £2999,only prob i ever had was the exup valve sticking despite removing and lubing/adjusting a few times and tripmeter probs easily sorted pin 7 in loom corroded.

6. Boothy

Boothy Active Member

Sep 9, 2016
    Lancashire

I had mine for 10 years, loved it just wanted a change and built a CRK Kit (see builds section). got £3450.00 for it. 1st guy who came bought it. Think the early carb models beginning to get scarce:):)

• Like Like x 1