Noisy Exhausts

Discussion in 'Parts, Accessories & Clothing' started by William Gillies, Apr 11, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. William Gillies

William Gillies Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Kelso
    Hi looking for a pair of noisy exhausts for my triumph Thunderbird 1600 anybody got any for sale thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. William Gillies

Jul 17, 2018
    Kelso
    Cheers will have a look thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. William Gillies

Jul 17, 2018
    Kelso
    Hi need a bit of advice. Will Thunderbird commander tors exhausts fit onto a Thunderbird 1600 thanks wullie

4. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    I don't know mate but try posting your question in the Thunderbird section or the Technical help section as you are more likely to get an answer ;);)

5. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    They are both Triumph Thunderbirds , so I'd strongly suggest. Likely !

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. William Gillies

Jul 17, 2018
    Kelso
    Ok thanks will do that

7. Alatamoc

Alatamoc Senior Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Uk
    The LT and Commanders have longer wheelbases than the standard 1600/1700 tbirds. The front end is stretched a bit and I'm not at all sure the silencers are interchangeable. I've never seen it done.
    But I could be mistaken.

8. William Gillies

Jul 17, 2018
    Kelso
    Hi thanks mate . Wasn't sure if they would fit . Will just have to keep looking for a pair to fit a 1600 thanks again wullie

9. Alatamoc

Alatamoc Senior Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Uk
    I don't know for certain they won't fit but I've had two of the longer frame bikes ...not only is the front end stretched but the rear seat is longer by a couple of inches.
    None of that means a definite 'no' but I'd be wary unless someone appears to say they've done it and it works.
    The factory tors are hard to get hold of these days so maybe aftermarket brand is easier to obtain?

10. Alatamoc

Alatamoc Senior Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Uk
    I don't know for certain they won't fit but I've had two of the longer frame bikes ...not only is the front end stretched but the rear seat is longer by a couple of inches.
    None of that means a definite 'no' but I'd be wary unless someone appears to say they've done it and it works.
    The factory tors are hard to get hold of these days so maybe aftermarket brand is easier to obtain?

Now that's odd..out of curiosity I've just looked up the relative wheelbases.
    The 1600 is quoted as 64.6 inches whilst the Commander is showing 63.5 inches.
    Yet subjectively the Commander looks longer and has the stretched steering head.
    Not sure what's going on there.
    Either the figures aren't accurate or it's an optical illusion.

11. Alatamoc

Alatamoc Senior Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Uk
    Whi
    I don't think that's correct.
    I've had two LTs and currently run a 1600.
    There's an extra 2-4 inches length in the headstock as you look at it in profile...it's quite pronounced and looks to my mind a but odd.

upload_2020-4-17_14-10-6.png

12. Alatamoc

Alatamoc Senior Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Uk
    That'd be the best way to resolve it. Ill take a tape measure to my 1600.... When it stops raining. Maybe someone with a Commander can do the same?
    Al

• Like Like x 2