No Turn Signal Lights After Led Attempt...

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Tom Stewart, Sep 4, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tom Stewart

Tom Stewart New Member

Sep 4, 2021
    Houston TX
    New to me 2014 Triumph Thunderbird LT, 5900 miles all stock.

Purchased the bike last Saturday and after first night ride I wanted to upgrade the lighting. I ordered new LED headlight bulb, two new LED front fog lights (4.5") and 6 amber led bulbs for turn signals (2 as spares).

First I installed the LED turn signal bulbs.....got nothing. Switched back to the stock bulbs and still nothing. Here is what I have done:
    1. Checked all fuses although there is nothing in the manual or repair manual that shows a fuse for the turn signals. All fuses were good.
    2. Searched the manual and repair manual for anything that might suggest a relay...nothing found.
    3. Unhooked the battery and let it sit a while, reconnected...still nothing.
    No turn signals work and the switch does not want to lock when pushed either left or right.

What do I need to check next?

Called the dealer and they're two weeks out and wouldn't assist. The young man I spoke with didn't know much.

Thanks,
    ts

2. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Hi Tom. Have you got a multimeter by any chance?
    I think it’s going to be helpful as you need to actually measure if 12vdc is actually getting to the flasher relay first. No idea why I’d stop though but you have to start somewhere!
    Also, you probably do need a different relay for the led indicators (someone clever will know on here) and you can get indicators wrongly connected. They have pos and negative.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tom Stewart

Tom Stewart New Member

Sep 4, 2021
    Houston TX

I got out this morning with multimeter, android tablet with tuneECU and OBDII bluetooth.....
    Findings:

.06 volts to bulb receptacle...this is assuming I am testing it correctly...I placed the red probe on the center of the opening where the center of (tinned center of the bulb) would make contact and took the black probe to ground.

No codes with ODB scanner.

I took off the tank to see what was there and it is a sealed housing.

I managed to find the service manual and do not see a relay, nor fuse.

I have read alot on websites....too much really and most comments seem to be an educated guess rather than the exact answer.

If there is no fuse and no relay, could the speedometer housing be the problem??? Hope not.

Thanks
    ts