No place for TT600 so put in here, been doing a TT up and soon will have a brother

Discussion in 'Daytona' started by Jasesapphy, Oct 23, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jasesapphy

Jasesapphy Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Hi

18 Months ago purchased a TT600 from a guy i know for a few hundred

Had not been used for a while and was left in the back of a garage and covered in thick black dust. (thpought bike was actually black when we opened the door)

Done all below in the garage a bit at a time

New Sprockets 525 15/47
    New DID Chain
    New Fork Seals
    GSXR M/C
    Gel Seat
    Michelin Power 3s
    New Levers
    Race Braided lines/Sports Pads/New fluid
    Everything cleaned
    HID light (beam checked) & LED Instrument
    K&N and a Akra Stubby Can
    tune and suspension set

Just purchased a little brother track bike now i have finished playing, and looking at a another bike in a few weeks

Its a bit of a drug this bike lark

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

New Little brother

Track Fairing
    Exhaust and Sprockets
    Pirelli Super Corsa's

Ordered

Race lines
    SBS Carbon Pads
    New DID Gold Chain

So meet Ketchup and Mustard LOL

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 18
  2. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    Looks like you got a bargin with the yellow one, they are actually fantastic handling bikes and it was a shame that they got such bad press about the early fuelling issues. I was also very surprised how comftable they are to ride for a 600 sports bike.

The Track bike looks like it would be loads of fun as well.

Cheers

Steve

3. Jasesapphy

Jasesapphy Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Thanks Steve

To be fair the fueling low down from stock even on my 2004 yellow one isn't great
    What improves it was a new can and K&N and them a full rolling road tune, it's much improved however it has had a effect on fuel consumption, but that not really a major issue

It's a lot less snatchy now

4. KLINK

KLINK Member

Sep 16, 2014
    Brize Norton

Flippin Bargain mate.:upyeah:

Nice pair of bikes.

5. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    They are also the last Hinckley model to be made in the UK. as anything after could be made in Thailand.

6. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Ketchup and Mustard?? You're a looney ... join the club!! :upyeah::biggrin::cool:

7. Dave Teece

Dave Teece Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2016
    South Essex
    Hi Jase. Do you know what HID kit is fitted to mustard? Been looking for bi-xenon set up but would like some personal feedback. Dave.

8. Andymarksonline

Andymarksonline Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Kent
    I had a yellow one of those brand new in 2002 I think when they were first released. Loved it and despite ribbing from my jap sports bike friends taught them a thing or two about riding quick with it!

• Like Like x 2
  9. philip storey

philip storey New Member

Sep 7, 2018
    UK
    Hi,
    New to the forum, I have bought a TT 600 2000 model, I can find anywhere on the net what do handlebar risers for the TT 6oo, does anyone know where I can get them, also the lowering suspension kits are these suitable for the TT 600 or do they impair the handling,
    Filo

10. Dave Teece

Jun 17, 2016
    South Essex
    What's your issue with the grips height? For an early supersports the grips are high in comparison with newer bikes. Wrist and/or shoulder aches?

11. Hippo-Drones

Hippo-Drones Noble Member

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    awesome stuff, very underrated bikes, as was the Speed Four

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hippo-Drones

Hippo-Drones Noble Member

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    awesome stuff, very underrated bikes, as was the Speed Four

13. philip storey

philip storey New Member

Sep 7, 2018
    UK
    Thanks for the reply. Its purely the riding position, I love the bike just trying to make it a bit more upright.

14. Dave Teece

Jun 17, 2016
    South Essex
    Should'a bought a Bandit, LOL.
    I had a TT in 2003, for around a year, and not having had a sports style before it was a bit alien I recall. Now on my second one, and using it for commuting mostly, yes I see where your coming from. Tend to be upright a fair bit of the time. Once tucked in I find I rest my elbows on my knees a lot. Reminds me I must get a new tank protector!
    Good luck with your search, I've not looked for risers personally so can't help I'm afraid.

15. philip storey

philip storey New Member

Sep 7, 2018
    UK
    Cheers for the reply, I do have bikes I can sit upright on and was hoping there was risers for the handlebars, spinal injury prevents being tucked in though, I like the triumph, lovely bike I just wont have to go long distances,
    Thanks
    Phil

16. philip storey

philip storey New Member

Sep 7, 2018
    UK
    Love the bike, just have to go short distances and polish it in the shed,, oh for some handlebar risers

• Like Like x 1
  17. Chris#21

Chris#21 New Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Skipton
    I used to race one in Thundersport street fighter class, great bikes I have a modded rear shock on eBay finishing today,. Item number 303074360731
    It's only up to £20 at the moment!!!
    Also got some EBC prolite discs which are a bit fatter than standard and seemed to help improve the spongy front brake.Also some GB Moto rear sets but they were for my Daytona 650 so not sure if the mountings are the same.
    Chris

18. Neil Gunn

Neil Gunn Member

Mar 29, 2019
    scotland

19. Neil Gunn

Neil Gunn Member

Mar 29, 2019
    scotland
    Hi Jasesapphy I'm a newbie on here and coming back into bikes later in life than I should have but have finally bit the bullet and purchased a 600tt like your yellow peril and so looking forward to getting out on the road ..Great to see well done.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Captain Klang

Captain Klang Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2019
    Yorkshire
    #20 Captain Klang, Aug 29, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    Ive just got myself a TT600! Its not as pretty as yours, a few marks but m not really that bothered by that.

Mines had the remap done by Triumph and its such a joy to ride with the handling and oh boy, the brakes!!!

Im loving it after the B12, which was fun but not really that inspiring to ride.